You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tomkins latest effort.

Juan Galonso

Lovely post- long time no hearwas winter that bad over there???

Mild winter mate, in fact the ice on the lake is only 5 ft thick this year-- it's usually 10-12-14 feet depending so global warming is back with a vengence--it's happening two days before the day after tomorrow.

What kind of society bans Heineken?

Mild winter mate, in fact the ice on the lake is only 5 ft thick this year-- it's usually 10-12-14 feet depending so global warming is back with a vengence--it's happening two days before the day after tomorrow.

What kind of society bans Heineken?

Should add that the Nunavut Territory has banned the sale of EU alcohol products in retaliation for the EU ban on seal products.

I mean if you can't have a chilled Heineken after a day of clubbing seals it just isn't right.

It's like Toshack but no Keegan

It's like Kenny with no coat.

It's like a breakfast with no bacon.

The warehouse is down to only 400 or so 331ml bottles.

Perhaps my time with the Esquimeaux is up....

Ah, now I get it.

It's his existential search for epistomoloigical certainty in an ontologically unstable world that, ultimately, underpins and provides the framework for his contribution to sports journalism.

Sorry, Paul. For all those times I sighed and exhaled, 'you laughable old bore'.

Whilst all along it was me.

psychhaz.gif

He may or may not have a point but the fact is, is that every decision rafa makes, no matter how strange or left field is justified and explained away. Just for once I`d love him to just say "you know what, I think Rafa fucked up there". Just fucking once. We`ve lost 17 games this season so far, there must be at least one time he thinks Rafa has fucked up.

He`s not a columnist he`s Rafa`s own personal propaganda minister.

To be honest I think he has a number of very good points - I can't really see anything in that article that could be challenged. He's essentially saying "the manager is there to make decisions, the manager has more information about players than most to help him make those decisions"

Given the content of that article why would he say "you know what, I think Rafa fucked up there". - wouldn't that equate to him then saying "I know best"?

The way I see it is, winning a trophy is the only way Rafa probably believes he can keep his job. By winning the Euro Cup gives G & H as much funds as qualifying for the quater finals of the C/L. Rafa was looking after himself on this one, putting LFC second.

Where do you get these figures from?

Guest davelfc

I used to like his posts on rawk all those years ago but he's so far up his own arse now that you can almost hear the echo in his column.

His picture should be him in a comical ali style uniform telling us everything is ok.

I used to like his posts on rawk all those years ago but he's so far up his own arse now that you can almost hear the echo in his column.

His picture should be him in a comical ali style uniform telling us everything is ok.

From page 4!

"All is well with Rafa, my friends..."

20030425007100510.jpg

To be honest I think he has a number of very good points - I can't really see anything in that article that could be challenged. He's essentially saying "the manager is there to make decisions, the manager has more information about players than most to help him make those decisions"

Given the content of that article why would he say "you know what, I think Rafa fucked up there". - wouldn't that equate to him then saying "I know best"?

We all think we know best, that`s the nature of being a football fan, we`re all opinionated fuckers.

He`s saying that because he played football to a decent level, used to go the match and talks to a lot of people about football and writes about it, that essentially his opinion is better than everyone elses (bar Rafa of course)

My issue isnt with that particular article per se just his work in general. I and most other fans know what we`ve seen with our own eyes this season and it hasnt been good and no amount of Tomkins spin doctoring is gonna change that.

I suspect there's a material difference between taking the CL route into the Europa League and starting out in that competition in terms of revenue earned from winning it. I remember seeing that quote from Purslow too, don't have time to find it now though.

I suspect there's a material difference between taking the CL route into the Europa League and starting out in that competition in terms of revenue earned from winning it. I remember seeing that quote from Purslow too, don't have time to find it now though.

There is the CL route gets you access to the market pool for the CL revenue through the group stage.