You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kuyt

Carradona

I actually lost my voice from screaming at him last night. How the fuck Rafa can't see he is a serious weak link for us at the minute is baffling.

He has the touch of a sledgehammer and looks as if he's trying to fight off a few bees everytime he jumps. driving me crazy.

Needs a kick up the hole and dropped until he gets his form back. Can't keep carrying him.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kuyt is a terrible football player, he has no technique, pace, ability and cannot pass well. To think he gets the role in the team that requires a player with the most ingenuity to have (the hole). He has just been so brutal for a while now and its costing the team when he continously breaks up our attacks with his woeful play. He is not good enough for liverpool football club - how this guy scored 70 goals in 100 games in Holland is beyond me. He works hard and has a big heart but there is something wrong about seeing this sort of player just scampering around the pitch in the Liverpool red - we are better than that.

He is, and always will be, good in high tempo games where his lack of technique can be masked by effort and enthusiasm. However, in slow tempo games, or games where teams come to defend, he will always struggle due to the nature of his game.

In my humble opinion

Your humble opinion is correct, in my humble opinion (except that he isn't always good in high tempo games, but who is?).

Got no competiton for places on the right so Dirk will stay in regardless of form, he'll have a purple patch when the team plays well for its usual 3 months of the season under Rafa, probably when it is too late to do anything other than look back at what might of been, late March onwards probably. For now though I would consider when Kelly is back, playing him at right back and playing Johnson further forward.

Got no competiton for places on the right so Dirk will stay in regardless of form, he'll have a purple patch when the team plays well for its usual 3 months of the season under Rafa, probably when it is too late to do anything other than look back at what might of been, late March onwards probably. For now though I would consider when Kelly is back, playing him at right back and playing Johnson further forward.

Disagree as I think Banayoun or Babel could play on the right or even Gerrard.

------------Torres

-Benayoun--Aquilani--Gerrard

-------Lucas-----Masch

Aurelio---Agger--Carra---Johnson

-------------Reina

Subs: Skrtel, Insua, Plessis, Babel, Riera, Kuyt, Ngog

This would be my preferred team (when all fit) and would be AMAZING!

Its even less likely now, isn't it.

I still love him, mind.

Do you love him more than Brandy Taylor's tits? She'd be more effective on the footy field! Kuyt is useless and I can't believe the amount of people in the Kop who don't see this - I criticised him a few times last night and got some right daggers. Can these people not see that he is playing SHIT! :wallbutt:

• 2 weeks later...

The guy needs to be dropped or rested or something. Absolutely shocking in parts today in my opinion. Yes the team weren't great today but a lot of our attacking play seemed to break down when it got to him.

The guy had a great run of form last season and ended up being vital to our season but so far this season he hasn't reached those heights at all. I've always been of the firm opinion that if a senior player is going through a a very bad run of form then he should be dropped for a bit (It's different for younger players in my opinion) and Kuyt has had a below average season so far. I would stick Benayoun on the right and give Aurelio/Babel/Riera/Dossena (Wow shocking options) on the left.

Kuyt only performs when we have our best team out and we're playing well. That way nobody relies on him to make things happen since the likes of Torres and Gerrard take that role. When key players are out and he becomes the main attacking player, he's shown up for the mediocre footballer that he is. He'll always be a decent squad option but is not good enough to keep starting games as a right winger. What a shame we don't have any alternatives.

I am now feeling sorry for Kuyt because his ability is so limited and Rafa just keeps playing him. If anyone thinks he has played well this season they need their head testing.

On another note - in the Lower Century today and god that place is depressing, no atmosphere at all but each to their own I suppose.

Woeful again today, where is the competition for his place though?

El Zhar's fit now but I doubt Rafa would do something so brave.

Gerrard on the right (interchanging with Yossi on the left, and AA in the middle) would cause chaos for defences though.