You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MOTD2 tonight

BexBissel

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Anyone got a link to a torrent or webiste with our motd highlights or the full show please PM me.

Ta.

Edited by Paul

On Carra vs Owen, even leaving aside whether Owen fouled him first, I still thought a red was out of the question: he was going away from goal and Agger was level with them and nearer to goal. Therefore Carra was not the last man. The wrong card was the one shown to Vidic who was the last man. He should have had a straight red.

Chuffing sky sports news this morning, I know I know this is a thread about MOTD2, but its the same thing really. They were showing the Carra and Owen challenge, and then Masch's red card and both were from a terrible angles, and the masch one was sped up?? so it looked like a straight red! Twats the lot of them.

I know I shouldn't let me bother me since thats 3 games against utd, 3 wins, and laughably 3 red cards for vidic.

On Carra vs Owen, even leaving aside whether Owen fouled him first, I still thought a red was out of the question: he was going away from goal and Agger was level with them and nearer to goal. Therefore Carra was not the last man. The wrong card was the one shown to Vidic who was the last man. He should have had a straight red.

I thought Owen was heading for the same place he scored against City, but the actual challenge looked 50-50. It was red or nothing for me. Think Carra was prepared to take the bullet - anyone but that twat scoring.

Had to laugh at MOTD 2, let Phelan have his little whinge about Vidic (unlucky!) and then Keown goes through his 'challenges' on Torres one by one. Evra also got three go's before he was finally booked and then split Beni's head in two.

The papers have been shit all week but at least the Mail have got 'Surprise surprise, Ferguson blames the referee'. Hopefully the worms are turning.

I thought Owen was heading for the same place he scored against City, but the actual challenge looked 50-50. It was red or nothing for me. Think Carra was prepared to take the bullet - anyone but that twat scoring.

Had to laugh at MOTD 2, let Phelan have his little whinge about Vidic (unlucky!) and then Keown goes through his 'challenges' on Torres one by one. Evra also got three go's before he was finally booked and then split Beni's head in two.

The papers have been shit all week but at least the Mail have got 'Surprise surprise, Ferguson blames the referee'. Hopefully the worms are turning.

I've had a feeling in recent weeks listening to journo's on tv and radio etc, the comments the drunk made against wiley the other week have been a tipping point. it's also noticable how they "congratulated" benitez after not making a fuss with the beachball goal last week. i think for once we've gained a bit of sympathy from the press. i'd like to think this was a permanent feature, but history tells us it won't last long, they'll be getting fucked up the arse by the old tramp in no time.

You could see a sly little smile on Carra's face afterwards that suggested he knew he should have gone. Have a sneaky suspicion he protested the yellow so much to make it look like he thought he was completely innocent. clever bit of play.

a lot more will have to happen for the worm to complete its turn, but at least the word crisis won't appear for the next few days. have enjoyed all the revisionists saying how it was everyone else talking about crises today.

Graham Polls take on it.

"Let’s deal with the decisions first. It is frustrating for referees to get things right, then be criticised by observers who are ignorant of the laws. For a player to be dismissed for denying a scoring opportunity, the player fouled must be heading towards the goal, not just the goal line.

So when Michael Owen was pulled down by Jamie Carragher in the 87th minute, Andre Marriner had an easy, routine decision: a direct free kick and a yellow card. It could not be a red card, whatever Sir Alex Ferguson and TV experts assert.

Marriner was also correct to dismiss Nemanja Vidic in stoppage time for his

second yellow card, after he deliberately blockedDirk Kuyt on the halfway line — again not the denial of a scoring opportunity, but a cautionable offence.

Carragher’s challenge on Michael Carrick was good. His momentum took him through the midfielder, but he came in from the side and got the ball"

Graham Poll's Official Line: Sorry, Sir Alex, you're wrong | Mail Online

Graham Polls take on it.

"Let’s deal with the decisions first. It is frustrating for referees to get things right, then be criticised by observers who are ignorant of the laws. For a player to be dismissed for denying a scoring opportunity, the player fouled must be heading towards the goal, not just the goal line.

So when Michael Owen was pulled down by Jamie Carragher in the 87th minute, Andre Marriner had an easy, routine decision: a direct free kick and a yellow card. It could not be a red card, whatever Sir Alex Ferguson and TV experts assert.

Marriner was also correct to dismiss Nemanja Vidic in stoppage time for his

second yellow card, after he deliberately blockedDirk Kuyt on the halfway line — again not the denial of a scoring opportunity, but a cautionable offence.

Carragher’s challenge on Michael Carrick was good. His momentum took him through the midfielder, but he came in from the side and got the ball"

Graham Poll's Official Line: Sorry, Sir Alex, you're wrong | Mail Online

So Vidic had to go for a second yellow, Graham?

I know, a cheap dig, but......

Chuffing sky sports news this morning, I know I know this is a thread about MOTD2, but its the same thing really. They were showing the Carra and Owen challenge, and then Masch's red card and both were from a terrible angles, and the masch one was sped up?? so it looked like a straight red! Twats the lot of them.

I know I shouldn't let me bother me since thats 3 games against utd, 3 wins, and laughably 3 red cards for vidic.

And 3 back-to-back Premiership titles.

Which, in the coldest light of day, is what counts.

On the plus side, while it seems very unlikely we will actually win it, yesterday did seem to suggest that United won't either.