You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO Leeds based mongs

Duff Man

This place is excellent. Proper Italian, good wine, top service. Can't go far wrong. They have deals on all week too. Try some of the seafood. It's well nice.

If you're walking from, say, the station, walk through the underpass east of the station towards City Walk. When you get through the tunnel, turn right and it's just along there next to the river. Dead easy.

Enjoy.

Olive Press - Leeds - Italian restaurant in Leeds

Edit - Ah, their own website is Olive Press Leeds - Leeds Restaurant, Pizzeria Restaurant in Leeds

Quality - if you look at the pics on the right, the third thumbnail along on the top row looks the spit of D**itar B**batov.

depends what you like... try Indian yumminess here -

SPICE QUARTER

Italian food here -

Zizzi

French Food here -

Welcome to Café Rouge - Restaurant - Bar - Café

Mexican here -

Restaurant - Leeds, Cactus Lounge - mexican Leeds, West Yorkshire

One of my personal favourites is thai food there are a few in leeds these 2 are The Best -

Chaophraya Thai Restaurants, Leeds and Manchester Thai Food Restaurant

or

Thai Edge Birmingham, Thai Edge Cardiff, Thai Edge Leeds

The majority you may need to book so I'd get moving quick if I were you..

Alternatively theres always as follows if you are really cheap!!!

McDonald's

You can come round mine. I'm making spaghetti shapes on toast of tea.

Depends what your going for. For Italian, Bibi's is the best although it's a bit pricey and you can't book.

Mio Modo on Wellington Street is very good too. Very cosy & cheaper than Bibi's.

Di Mario on The Headrow is decent too. I didn't like Zizi when I went. I haven't been to where RL recommended but it has a good reputation when it was a French Restraunt.

For an Indian, the Aagrah opposite the bus station cannot be beat. People say Akbar's on Greek Street is better but I disagree.

For Chinese, Maxi's on Kirkstall Road or Oriental City opposite the New Roscoe pub are the best but their both a little of of town, although would be less the £5 in a taxi to either.

I agree with Aveez's comments on Thai.

For Japanese, there's Tapenyaki beneath Sandanista (near Gate Crasher) is awesome but pricey. There is also one under the dark arches by the Hilton but I can't remember it's name & I've never been, meant to be good though.

For Noodles, Tampopo (the road behind Greek St, can't remember the name) or Fuji Hiro on the Merrion Centre are both nice, I'd go for Fuji Hiro even though it looks awful from the outside.

Tapas would be Viva Cuba behind the Merrion Centre or one of the same name on Kirkstall Road opposite the Vue cinema, again, that is out of town & about be about £5 in a taxi.

3 York Place (directions are in the name) is very nice too but pricey. The added bonus is thats next door to The Purple Door lappie if the night goes sour.

If all that fails, take her to Nandos. The one in The Light is the better of the 2 though.

Hope that helps.

I have never been in there but am looking for somewhere to eat out tonight - what do you recommend and do you fancy meeting up for some scan?

I would recommend Viva Cuba on Kirkstall Road funnily enough.

Can't meet up tonight as Mrs.Noos is out so I'm looking after the Nooslings.

I was in Bibi's just before Christmas and the food was top drawer. it wasn't as ridiculously pricey as I thought it was going to be either.

It does get booked up though and I'd be surprised if he could get a table for a reasonable time for tonight now.

It does get booked up though and I'd be surprised if he could get a table for a reasonable time for tonight now.

You can't book. I tried to take my ex-goomarh there after Xmas and was told we couldn't book.

Got there at 7.30pm and was told it would be a 2 hour wait. No thanks.

River Plate is good for steaks by The Calls too btw.

You can't book. I tried to take my ex-goomarh there after Xmas and was told we couldn't book.

Got there at 7.30pm and was told it would be a 2 hour wait. No thanks.

River Plate is good for steaks by The Calls too btw.

I think there must be certain days/times you can't book, as we definitely booked, but it was a midweek lunchtime.

For an Indian, the Aagrah opposite the bus station cannot be beat. People say Akbar's on Greek Street is better but I disagree.

Totally. Got to love a man who knows his curry from his dog food. Aagrah kicks the living shite out of Akbars.