You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO Leeds based mongs

Duff Man

I would recommend Viva Cuba on Kirkstall Road funnily enough.

Can't meet up tonight as Mrs.Noos is out so I'm looking after the Nooslings.

I meant what would you recommend from their menu not where do you recommend we go!!!

You're letting mrs noos out???? I wouldnt she wont come back!!!

You can't book. I tried to take my ex-goomarh there after Xmas and was told we couldn't book.

Got there at 7.30pm and was told it would be a 2 hour wait. No thanks.

River Plate is good for steaks by The Calls too btw.

I dont think you can book Friday or Sat night but you can the rest of the week! Which is shite as you're more likely to want ot book on a Friday or Sat when you know its going to be busy!!

I meant what would you recommend from their menu not where do you recommend we go!!!

It's tapas so I'd recommend a small plate of everything, but especially the stuffed chilli peppers. mmmmm...stuffed chilli peppers...

Also the cuban rum cocktails.

If you're going to do curry, jump a short cab journey up Kirkstall Rd and try the Sheesh Mahal.

That said, if you get to the Sheesh, sack it off and pop in next door to Viva Cuba!

Sheesh is good dont get me wrong for the classic sit down india meal but you have to love the Spice Quarter.. you get to have a little bit of everything (they even do a little pizza for you if you're not on for the indian stuff....and as if their cooking your Kebabs in front of you isnt good enough.... they have a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN..a FUCKING CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN... come on

C.H.O.C.O.L.A.T.E FECKING F.O.U.N.T.A.I.N

Sheesh is good dont get me wrong for the classic sit down india meal but you have to love the Spice Quarter.. you get to have a little bit of everything (they even do a little pizza for you if you're not on for the indian stuff....and as if their cooking your Kebabs in front of you isnt good enough.... they have a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN..a FUCKING CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN... come on

C.H.O.C.O.L.A.T.E FECKING F.O.U.N.T.A.I.N

I've not been there but Mrs.Noos has and also rates it highly - plus it is in the centre of town and has some nice bars around it.

Tom Ross has already bummed your bird, Duff man.

Good, she'll be up for the dirty stuff then!

Cheers for all the suggestions fuckers. Leaning towards the Olive Press at the moment although I'm tempted by Viva thingy too.

Been to Bibis a few years ago and agree it was all style no substance. That was a couple of years ago mind so may go there.

Good, she'll be up for the dirty stuff then!

Cheers for all the suggestions fuckers. Leaning towards the Olive Press at the moment although I'm tempted by Viva thingy too.

Been to Bibis a few years ago and agree it was all style no substance. That was a couple of years ago mind so may go there.

If I were you mate I'd be tempted by the Spice Quarter. Can't recommend it myself as not been, but I've only ever heard good things about it.