You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Just been watching some Poulson vids on youtube, i dont think we are going to win any friends with him in the team seems a right dirty bastard.

Is he any good at it though? Is he the intimidating type a la Souness or the sneaky, snidey type?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poulsen is utter shit and far behind Lucas and Spearing in quality, so i don`t believe in this rumour.

That's a bit odd , Judge.

Poulsen is an experienced international who has won UEFA Cup & European Supercup winners medals , been Danish player of the year twice , was voted best new foreign player in Spanish football by Marca in 2006 & signed by Juventus last summer for 10 million euros.

Lucas and Jay are young kids who might be good players in years to come.

It is far too say that he has been a flop at Juve though. If you're below Tiago in the pecking order then you know you've fucked up.

I wouldn't want us to sign him permanently straight away, as to be honest I don't rate him that highly, however I could see the case for signing him on loan with a view to a permanent move should he impress.

Poulsens agent has told the Italian press we're interested in him, but like someone said, there's fuck all in the Italian media today about it. Best to see tomorrow if there's anything in it.

Today is a sad day and Xabi will be sorely missed. However, am I alone in experiencing a frisson of excitement at the prospect of having a decent wedge for Benitez to spend?(assuming he gets it blah blah).

He must be licking his lips. With this sale + Arbeloa money + potential other sales + any residual cash + contractual freedom in the market, he now has the license to really make his stamp.

The title may be won or lost in Rafa's transfer decisions in the next month. I think he will relish the challenge. I'm both optimistic and right behind him.

I'm locking this thread and the Xabi one, as it's possible (probably even according to a post I read on the vb help forums) that they are contributing to the high server load. So I guess you'll have to post in the other Xabi thread, and start new ones for transfer speculation.