You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

This one occasion that I hope a player we're interested in, is a money grabbing little so and so. We pay a lot more than Spurs, and they have a pretty strict wage structure.

We have in the past, but will FSG tighten our belts and not pay over the odds for players now?

Christ, I see RAWK is locking all their transfer threads again. God help supporters wanting to talk about us potentially signing a £20m player!

The amount of power hungry wankers on there is incredible.

It's pretty hilarious. The transfer talk is cordoned off in its own special forum (so as not to sully the front page) yet you'll still get certain individuals pop and lock threads because they contain too much 'shit' or so on. I just imagine them sitting there, furiously refreshing and getting more and more annoyed for no particular reason until, driven by uncontrollable rage at the pages of fans discussing a prospective move, they just have to lock the thread.

We have in the past, but will FSG tighten our belts and not pay over the odds for players now?

I get the feeling they'll want a marquee signing, to show they'll buy big. Particularly with them spending a lot on the Sox recently.

Well, I hope thats the case, anyway.

Him and Torres could be deadly together. There's plenty of quality strikers in the PL, but not many truly great partnerships. Even the Mancs don't really have a set partnership that starts every game.

If we got Suarez and him and Fernando played every game together, goals would be fucking banged in.

I don't think overpaying for a January signing is what FSG had in mind back in Oct/Nov. But they didn't have giving RH the sack in mind either. Circumstances have changed a lot since Oct/Nov and the team is in a serious funk. I'm not sure how signing Suarez will work out. We really need defence first but we also need more help up front for Torres.

The thing I like is Suarez has talent and he wants to wear the Red shirt by all the accounts we're hearing....that should mean something to us shouldn't it?.....we don't exactly have agents/players beating the doors down right now. Here's a guy who specifically wants to come here to play with Torres and the other Spainards. This signing might be the key to keeping Torres and Reiena at LFC and could be a real shot in the arm.

Yes it might be a flop but I think its worth doing something bold

He'll be made to feel important that's for sure. With his age he could be central to the club returning to where it should be, and turn into one of the worlds best strikers for years to come. The only downside is wondering how long he'll have to play alongside Torres, but even with that situation, if Kenny stays as manager and FSG are buying players like Suarez in the jan window, it might be enough to make Nando stay for one more season. The main reason being that there's no bullshit this time, the club is genuinely making serious efforts to move forward.

If you live in Liverpool get to the arrivals lounge at JLA and You Should see Luis Saurez and his agent, getting write a blacked out vehicle.

Flight Information

Flight Information

Ezy7002

Ezy7002

Arrives 10:40

Arrives 10:40

It will take about 20 minutes drive to Melwood where he will finalise a deal with his agent, Comolli and Kk.

IT would take about 20 minutes drive to Melwood where clause he finalis a compromise deal with His agent, Comolli and Kk.

£11m + Ryan Babel

Ryan Babel £ 11m +

Babel has already agreed personal terms and is ready for the transfer to go through, everything is waiting on Suarez.

Already Babel HAS AGREED personal terms and is ready for the transfer to go through, everything is waiting on Suarez.

Don't know how true this is... :drool:

Tommo86 on RAWK who is a realiable source says the deal is done for £17million quid

They're all going mental for it on RAWK.

Seems to me though that a Barrett story, quoting 18m, came out at the exact same time.

Thommo also says no personal terms have been discussed yet though, so could be while yet. Or not, could surprise us.

But I would say the cat is out of the bag now, brace yourselves for Spurs' credit card assault.

I hope Babel goes the other way. We need to free up some space on the fucking bench for these kids to get a chance.