You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Big Train

Total Longo

Genius Linehan/Matthews sketch show from the 90's, never got the recognition it deserved. So many brilliant sketches but these three stuck out for me at the time.

This sketch always cracks me up mainly because it gets George Martin to an absolute tee.

[YOUTUBE]yIA_NVFnXZ8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Ritz to the Titz

[YOUTUBE]r7xgiO_NdkQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Chaka Khan vs The Bee Gees

[YOUTUBE]TQZDFv0aTlk&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

My favourite was Kevin Eldon playing Ming the Merciless, living in suburbia, Hoovering his

house and getting ill. Ming in those stripey pyjamas, lying in a hospital bed was ridiculously funny. Big Train had all sorts of mad stuff: the huntsmen who used to stalk firemen as they did their duty, the man with the huge, upright running dog and, of course, the office workers who were requested to stop wanking. Can't understand why it hasn't been repeated more frequently.

My favourite was Kevin Eldon playing Ming the Merciless, living in suburbia, Hoovering his

house and getting ill. Ming in those stripey pyjamas, lying in a hospital bed was ridiculously funny. Big Train had all sorts of mad stuff: the huntsmen who used to stalk firemen as they did their duty, the man with the huge, upright running dog and, of course, the office workers who were requested to stop wanking. Can't understand why it hasn't been repeated more frequently.

Forgot about that, it's brilliant.It's Mark Heap as Ming, the hoovering bit is brilliant. And the second one in hospital is even better, especially when Simon Pegg comes in as the blue alien. "Mum, Sandra,this is Rolex Ruler of the Planet Tharsus, Rolex, this is mum". Genius.

[YOUTUBE]g5xqukXdkmY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]JmBemzi0KAg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for that, Longo. Great stuff! I also realised that I shouldn't rely on my memory at all. Getting Kevin Eldon and Mark Heap confused might be understandable, but fuck knows where I got the 'stripey pyjamas' bit from. Might be a subconscious desire to own a pair one day. Not long to wait now I fear. Thanks for posting the stuff anyway.

• 10 months later...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn6Z9djh8eA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn6Z9djh8eA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

'Lets get the figures out for the week we were'nt wanking' Hilarious!