You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea Thread

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this from start to finish, you can tell the exact point at which people have just seen Chelsea winning 5-0!

The title of this thread has already put the mockers on any win! Why would you utter the words so many of us are hoping for in our quiet moments?

Never ever say anything out loud that you want to happen, karma hears it straight away and loads it in his gun ready to shoot you in the knackers.

I expect it to be tight as always but at least with Masch in the team we will have more protection in front of the back four, something that we sorely lacked during the Wigan game.

Up front we are going to miss Torres so mcuh but with Kuyt being super confident then who knows, he might score again.....

I hope Stevie G brings his A game, against Wigan he was awful...

It's nice to see everyone believing we can beat Chelsea.

I'm not sure that has been the case the last few years. I think psychologically that's a huge improvement this season that our fans, as well as the players have belief.

The most interesting part of that, I think, is where the belief comes from. It's amazing what a settled team and change in philosophy does...

I thought I was the only one looking foward to this game. If we play like all know we can play, forcing them into errors then Keane, Kuyt, Riera and Gerrard can fully make the most of any chance coming their way.

Mind you, I say Gerrard cause I expect him to play further up the field should Masch play....

I was speaking to my brother about this about half an hour ago. I have a feeling he will.

Well if Torres plays then I think Keane should miss out:

----------Mascherano-------Alonso------------

Kuyt----------------Gerrard--------------Riera

---------------------Torres-------------------

With Gerrard occasionally switching with Kuyt.

Boro were absolute gash against these, and thats not taking anything away from the fact that Chelsea looked very good, because they did. But what I have noticed is that they are throwing men forward like i've never seen before, and I can see them being very cocky and doing the same against us, which is why I'm expecting us to score a goal or two.

If we show the energy and commitment as we did against the mancs, harassing them and forcing the play, then I can see us getting something from the game. They will come at us from the start all guns blazing, so we have to be prepared for that and hope that our defence can find its form quickly.