You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Heskey return? Utter bollocks I hope!!

JMARKH

MARTIN O’NEILL wants to sign Emile Heskey (right) for a knockdown £3million — eight years after selling him for £11m llion to Liverpool.

But the Villa boss faces competition from the Anfield giants after Kop sources identified Heskey as the man to bolster their strikeforce alongside Fernando Torres and Robbie Keane.

Heskey’s contract with Wigan is up next summer and boss Steve Bruce might be forced to take a cut-price offer when the transfer window opens in January.

Heskey, though, is intent on concentrating on keeping his international place after starring against Croatia.

He said: “I hope this is the start of a long run in the England team. But the manager views different games in different ways. He is very clever like that and will change tactics totally for each specific game.”

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do lack a physical threat if we want to go a bit more direct, Heskey for a knockdown price wouldn't be a bad option.

With 7 subs now he would offer us something different, if the £3million fee is correct i wouldn't be too upset by that.

Torres, Babel, and Kuyt are all big guys(Torres/Babel being taller than ole Dirk and Dirk being stronger).

Ngog doesn't look lightweight so far, either, and he's also not small... He's a good 6ft or so, no?

Torres, Babel, and Kuyt are all big guys(Torres/Babel being taller than ole Dirk and Dirk being stronger).

Ngog doesn't look lightweight so far, either, and he's also not small... He's a good 6ft or so, no?

Its just about how tall a player is its about their style of play, we lack a striker with a big physical presence. Ideally you're playing good enough football that you don't need someone like Heskey but there probably will be games especially in the PL when you need to be a bit more direct, and we don't really have somebody with a physical presence whose very strong in the air.

Yes, big guys, but none of them are really a threat in the air. And we are fucking woeful on set pieces.

Guest PaddyBerger15

Heskey is a good forward when he is on form and at times COULD be unplayable, but he is very much a confidence player, we all know from when he was here that he needs an arm around his shoulder and a lot of cajoling and building up, I can't see him being a Rafa type player if he needs his fragile mentality repairing from time to time.

I hope there is nothing in this story as that ship has sailed and it was the right decision to sell him when we did.

Weird i was thinking after the england game about him coming back here, whether it would be a good move or not?

Ifs hes used correctly with top players around him he can be very effective as weve seen with england always doing well when hes in the team.

His mentalilty has always hacked me off though, its lame for a brute like him ,we all know rafa thinks strong mentality is very important in a player, so who knows?

3 mill seems like a bargain though.

I'd like to see us have the option of using a big grock up front. When Crouchie was used in a similar way in his first season, we got loads of second ball chances from his knock downs. Heskey can do that all day long and do it brilliantly, but he'll never be a great or prolific goal scorer. No Red should ever forget Emile's shit-house tendencies, either. How many times did he limp out of games that weren't going our way, only to be fine for the next match? A decent one off performance for England doesn't make him Liverpool quality. And besides, I reckon our next priority in the transfer market should be a right winger/forward who can score goals. I'd also be on the look out for a right back, depending on what Degen turns out to be like. Had City not been bought, I'd have been very keen on us signing Micah Richards.

Some people have very short memories.

He's a gutless coward who didn't have the stomach for it. Shame as he could have been as good as anybody.

Having said that, Rafa has contemplated moving for him before. On more than one occasion.

totaly agree.spent more time on his arse.built like a brick shithouse,but went down like a fairy.

Apparently Heskey has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave at the end of the season.
He should have a clause in his contract that says he gets through a game without falling over, or he dosnt get paid.

He's a gutless coward who didn't have the stomach for it. .

Cant remember who we were playing but we were away and on TV live.

Once again Heskey had limped off, first half I think. During the half time analysis the TV match presenter announces Heskey was withdrawn because of a bruised big toe

The look on George Grahams face as he tried to stop himself from laughing was priceless.

He's a gutless coward who didn't have the stomach for it. Shame as he could have been as good as anybody.

Having said that, Rafa has contemplated moving for him before. On more than one occasion.

Rafa didn't want him sold either did he?

The quote from someone (Phil Thompson I think) that he needed to be kicked early in the game to rile him and get the best out of him was spot on. He could have been a top top player but didn't have the belief.

I'd still take a chance on a free, would be a great alternative/foil for Torres and Keane.