You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was absolutely abysmal today except for one or two touches. How many times do we lose possession because of him? Fucking hell. Yes he set a goal up, but I wonder how many nailed on chances or other goals we would have had if he'd managed to retain possession rather than give it away or allow it to roll out as he did most of the time? At the very top level, you just can't be so profligate and get away with it every week. A top quality striker would have put at least one of the chances that fell to him away too.

We won despite Kuyt today, not because of it. Man of the match - for fucks sake. I'm happy to praise him when he does well, but he was awful today.

He was absolutely abysmal today except for one or two touches. How many times do we lose possession because of him? Fucking hell. Yes he set a goal up, but I wonder how many nailed on chances or other goals we would have had if he'd managed to retain possession rather than give it away or allow it to roll out as he did most of the time? At the very top level, you just can't be so profligate and get away with it every week. A top quality striker would have put at least one of the chances that fell to him away too.

We won despite Kuyt today, not because of it. Man of the match - for fucks sake. I'm happy to praise him when he does well, but he was awful today.

I am by no means Dirk's most avid backer , but felt he was excellent today & to suggest we won 'despite' him is churlish in the extreme.

Think Stringvest is being a tad harsh there but I agree his first touch was shockingly bad at times and he still cant beat a fulback. Having said that he played well overall today and more than contributed to an excellant team performance. Today is not really the day to be picking faults, it`s a day to celebrate.

hardly logical?

i totally disagree. i'll admit he lost possesion several times today, but really, who didn't? gerrards first touch almost ended in a giggs goal, and mascheranos pass in the first half could easily ended with a united goal. carras as well.

i think he did well today, he had bigger chances than keane which means his movement must have been decent, had a good shot just outside the post in the first half and set up a goal.

Keane was poor today, but he put himself about as well. It's so frustrating when we are supposed to be a top class team and we give the ball away so much.

I couldn't be happier about the result, and the atmosphere inside the ground was fantastic, but we've really got to make that ball stick more than it does now. I don't really care how we play against that lot as long as we win.

I 've just watched the match through again and Kuyt did alright but there were still plenty of examples of him struggling with certain aspects. I don't take pleasure in saying that, just wanted to point out that in my humble opinion he wasn't anywhere near MOTM.

He's a good player to have in the squad though.

hardly logical?

i totally disagree. i'll admit he lost possesion several times today, but really, who didn't? gerrards first touch almost ended in a giggs goal, and mascheranos pass in the first half could easily ended with a united goal. carras as well.

i think he did well today, he had bigger chances than keane which means his movement must have been decent, had a good shot just outside the post in the first half and set up a goal.

Agree with you mate, he done well however he did give away a lot of ball and had me shouting at the screen but his effort and closing down were excellent.

Thats the biggest load of shit i've read since Rash was banned.

Even my mate who hates Kuyt and thinks he's shit admitted he was great today. He stood up and was counted when we went behind. He was massivley influential in the game. Wasn't bullied by their 2 great centre backs, made the second goal and was unlucky not to have 1 or 2 himself. He was exceptional and you my friend, are talking shite.

Thats the biggest load of shit i've read since Rash was banned.

Even my mate who hates Kuyt and thinks he's shit admitted he was great today. He stood up and was counted when we went behind. He was massivley influential in the game. Wasn't bullied by their 2 great centre backs, made the second goal and was unlucky not to have 1 or 2 himself. He was exceptional and you my friend, are talking shite.

And you my friend are repped. Or will be when I've spread it around a bit.