You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we played well for thirty or forty minutes. We came out for the second half and what I saw as really reminiscent of last season, where we would go down a goal and the time thereafter that we spent chasing goals was the only time we could be bothered in the second half.

I really thought Dossena played well in the first half. He got forward quite a bit (at least for the first 20 or 30 min) and looked a threat. I also thought Yossi played pretty well. He is definitely the new Luis, although he's a jew so he can't be Christmas. Keane and Torres seem to be figuring each other out. The sooner that happens, the better.

All in all, it was a pretty wank game, but there were some definite positives and we got three points so I can't say I'm terribly bothered by the way that we played.

Absolutely..Rocket Science it aint. And the reason we're narrow is because the wide players are poor, if we had good wide players we wouldn't be narrow. Simple really

Well if you watched Rafa`s interview its clear he didnt think he could buy wingers of sufficient quality therefore he had planned to play a narrow in midfield with Gerrard behind the front two but obviously with not being able to sign the player to play narrow left he has had tro alter his view, now we have defenisvely suspect fullbacks, now wingers and maybe were no bette off than last season even though we have signed one quality player.

For me Kuyt and Benayoun stuck out like a sore thumb on that team sheet yesterday

I have no idea what you're on about and I don't want another PM where you assert your credibility, so for that reason, you're negged.

I don't have to assert my credibility to you, I just corrected you that's all. And wasn't that months ago? Forget it and move on - you'll feel much happier that way. I'll rep you to cheer you up.

Guest TK-421

Kuyt and Benayoun are just there to do a job at the moment until the rest of the squad is in place, i.e Olympic players and any new signings there may be. After that we will know more about how Rafa will approach this season.

He will, but unless Gerrard is moved out wide it wont solve our main problem.

If we had played Plessis in CM and Gerrard out wide yesterday I assume we would have played a hell of a lot better than we did.

Kuyt is useless as a wide player and there is no way around it.

For the rest of your post, pathetic.

Can't take you serious after all that crap you came out with over Alonso yesterday.Oh and again it was Alonso at fault for there goal nothing to do with the Dossman.

Guest TK-421

Definitely Xabi's fault for the goal although it was some finish from Mido.

Funny parallel with Gareth Barry doing the same thing against Stoke leading directly to a goal, you can hardly blame either player if their heads are not in the right place. I blame Parry.

Kuyt and Benayoun are just there to do a job at the moment until the rest of the squad is in place, i.e Olympic players and any new signings there may be. After that we will know more about how Rafa will approach this season.

I think your right about Benayoun but im not so sure about Kuyt who I see as Rafa's Heskey.

As i said earlier in the thread Kuyt's performance yesterday summed him up perfectly fantastic tackles, great hard work but no real pace to get away from a defender and no vision. Against a top side he does a great job but when your trying to breakdown a team when you have 70% of the ball you need another type of player. IMO

Guest TK-421

Personally I think Dirk has more mental toughness and a better all round game than Heskey, it will be interesting to see how we line up though once the full squad is in place.

It's all getting a bit tiring reading this stuff, I actually have to run up mountains like in Rocky IV to psyche myself up for the *f.

What I will say though, is that the fact the owners are still here - and that they don't look like moving anytime soon - has brought a general malaise to everyone connected with the club, it's like some kind of mass depression, and even if we have a good run, the frustrations will still be simmering under the surface, ready to come out.

I admire anyone who can put all this to the back of their minds and just enjoy a match, but I just can't, I can't see myself getting excited about a Liverpool game as long as thery're here.

(The very fact nobody has even raised an eyebrow over the fact we've got no money past what we raise in player sales shows how far we've fallen and how generally depressing the situation is)

It's all getting a bit tiring reading this stuff, I actually have to run up mountains like in Rocky IV to psyche myself up for the *f.

What I will say though, is that the fact the owners are still here - and that they don't look like moving anytime soon - has brought a general malaise to everyone connected with the club, it's like some kind of mass depression, and even if we have a good run, the frustrations will still be simmering under the surface, ready to come out.

I admire anyone who can put all this to the back of their minds and just enjoy a match, but I just can't, I can't see myself getting excited about a Liverpool game as long as thery're here.

(The very fact nobody has even raised an eyebrow over the fact we've got no money past what we raise in player sales shows how far we've fallen and how generally depressing the situation is)

Yep

And that's without mentioning the invisible stadium

Certainly one of the main reasons I'm not going to a single game this season or probably the next too. Never thought i'd be so apathetic about missing a game never fucking mind a whole season.