You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Todays matches

James Dean

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned over earlier because of Richard Keys' hyperbole. "Forget the Olympics, this is the greatest show on earth" and, now they don't have the FA Cup, "People say that FA Cup third round weekend is the most special, they're wrong, this is".

Sky's shameless and incorrect posturing of the league as the most important thing in the world now no longer sits right with me. I could tolerate SSN and the other channels before but now it just seems pompous and insincere. Only a maximum of four teams can win the league, almost no one is capable of breaking into the top four spots, it's not a meaningful competition as other sports.

Even little things like only having the top four represented in the opening credits irritates me now. I have better things to do with my time.

I have to admit that Chelsea look very good.

And they play without proper wingers.

True, but they have players with creativity and guile like Deco and Cole who play "wide". Put both or one of those in the Liverpool team & we would be a far more effective side going forward.

True, but they have players with creativity and guile like Deco and Cole who play "wide". Put both or one of those in the Liverpool team & we would be a far more effective side going forward.

True - compare Deco and Cole to Kuyt and Yossi.

I have to say Chelsea look very very good - worryingly good in fact! No Essien either.

Portsmouth look all over the place at the back; Anelka was nearly in again there. Joe Cole, as much as I hate the little twat, is such a clever footballer. Looks like Crouch and Defoe are having teething problems linking up, not unlike our own Keane and Torres, but that will come in time I think.

Can only see this getting worse for Pompey. But their fans are top class, I really like Portsmouth supporters. Making Chelsea fans look like proper cunts, but then, that really isn't hard is it?