You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How to cancel Setanta

oxtailsoup

How the hell are you supposed to cancel Setanta?

Can't see a link anywhere on their website.

Have emailed their customer services but no reply yet.

Have called their service desk every day this week and simply get a recorded message saying they are busy and to try and call back at another time.

Aaaargh :notamused:

Thanks Captain.... correct number.

Ok... have to send a letter to them to cancel giving them 30 days notice. Unfortunately as I have just paid £9.99 the next £9.99 will also come out at the start of July even though they will cut the service off mid July (after 30 days notice period). I pointed out that this means I will be paying them £9.99 for half a month. She said that this is in their terms and conditions blah blah. She also said that we would have to pay a reconnect fee. I said is it any wonder why customers are leaving with customer service like this? I feel sorry for the phone reps... it aint their fault.

For anyone else thinking of leaving you have to send a cancellation letter giving them 30 days notice (with your reference number) to:-

Setanta Sports

Department 8544

Sunderland

SR9 9XZ.

At a tenner a month I couldn't be bothered cancelling, even though I don't think I've used setanta since february, but I got a letter this morning telling me they were putting the price up so I rang the number on the letter. I got and got passed around a fair bit with one guy offering me 6 months at £7.50 then the next bloke offering me the £7.50 deal plus the next 3 months at £5.50. Eventually I got the Sunderland address to write to. The bloke who gave me the address told me the phones haven't stopped this morning. It looks like they've shot themselves in the foot by hiking up the cost of their bag of shite. I don't want their product at any price, but if you are happy it's well worth ringing them and doing a bit of haggling.

does not paying all this shit affect credit ratings and stuff?

I phoned to cancel and basically ended up taking the £7.50 offer because i couldn't be arsed sending the letter. Think setanta have more footy next season anyway don't they. they are shit though

I never normally lose my cool over the phone but this customer services guy said the same blurb "Do you realise what you are missing etc" 7 times to me. I actually said at the end "Are you taking the piss" and the bastard put the phone down on me for swearing!

does not paying all this shit affect credit ratings and stuff?

I phoned to cancel and basically ended up taking the £7.50 offer because i couldn't be arsed sending the letter. Think setanta have more footy next season anyway don't they. they are shit though

I just phoned up now pretending to cancel because I wanted the £7.50 offer and it was so easy I nearly laughed. 6 Months at £7.50; Setanta have really dropped a bollock with this price rise as so many people have cancelled they are putting all potential cancellations through to loyalty..

£7.50 is good value for the UFC, Boxing, Cricket, LFC and the next footy season.

Correct, that's what I did

Same here, rung up and cancelled for the next month but ended up losing my bank card, anyway now they're ringing up saying the payment hasnt gone through can we have your new details. And its like errrr get to fuck, theres load of stories about them saying they'll cancel but taking money for months. I said I'll send em a cheque to pay off the last month if not get to fuck, they said we dont do cheques so they can fuck off. A lot of people have said they just stopped paying and they'll hassle you for a few weeks with a couple of letters or calls then cut you off and dont bother you again.

I've just done it too. You don't even have to haggle/kick up a fuss.

yup, straight through to loyalty.

SS: "Hi, how can I help"

me: "good afternoon, I`d like to cancel please"

SS: "May I ask why you are cancelling?"

me: "Yea, the recent price increase"

SS "What about 6 months at £7.50?"

me: (grinning, pretending to act surprised) "ehh, yea sure, thanks"

SS: "I`ll get that sorted for you now"