You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Koeman " Joaquin worth 30 euros"

JoeyKop

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joaquin finished last season well. Been in and out of the team this season when Koeman took over and played in new formations etc. He's a good player, I would be happy if we signed him but only for a reasonable amount. He'd suit this league.

Guest TK-421
Do some research before you make such comments, he was actually pretty good the previous season.

Has completely failed to live up to the price tag, woeful apart from a brief flash of form at the end of last season.

Has completely failed to live up to the price tag, woeful apart from a brief flash of form at the end of last season.

It wasn't a brief flash of form, for the second half of last season Joaquin, Silva and Villa were linking up together playing some wonderful football, he even won his place back in the Spainish team because of it.

Guest TK-421
It wasn't a brief flash of form, for the second half of last season Joaquin, Silva and Villa were linking up together playing some wonderful football, he even won his place back in the Spainish team because of it.

I'm not convinced about that, but for the sake of argument let's say you're right. That means he's played half a season at a good level out of two whole seasons, is that enough to justify his huge transfer fee? Isn't he their record signing?

I'm not convinced about that, but for the sake of argument let's say you're right. That means he's played half a season at a good level out of two whole seasons, is that enough to justify his huge transfer fee? Isn't he their record signing?

He may not of completely justified his fee but when he's been in the team consistently playing in his best position (the second half of last season) he's done the business. Joaquin has talent and i think it would be foolish of any one not to recognise that.

Valencia's Joaquin: Koeman more interested in wine than coaching

Valencia winger Joaquin has hit back at former coach Ronald Koeman after the Dutchman branded him being worth no more than "30 euros".

A furious Joaquin told Cadena Ser: "The only thing Koeman was worried about was dining with five or seven bottles of wine.

"When he left he did not say goodbye to the players and instead walked out with £4-5 million. Vora has recorded the same results or better than Koeman did in five months."

Joaquin added: "Koeman has sunk low and I am a little embarrassed by everything he has said about me. The fact is I do not fully blame him for failing to make the Euros, only 99 per cent." :yes:

The winger's blast came after Koeman said on Dutch TV this week: "Players like Joaquin cost 30 million euros, but for his performance he should have a starting price of 30 euros."