You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transformers

chrisbonnie

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in this thread said they wanted a thought provoking script? I wanted a good script.

It was a good script. The movie is based on a cartoon, so the script was not going to be anything amazing. Robots fight robots. That's the basic premise of Transformers, and that's what we got.

We could have done without the 'romance' plot but that would have meant Megan Fox not making an appearance, so I'll happily take what we got.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Late last night, before I went to sleep I saw some fucking transformers teaser on the teley and fucking Bay was there talking balls about the film and looking quite smug about his serious pile of dogshit.

At one point, he was like.... "The script is amazing, we've got great writers who have put together a fantastic story. That is what I really want, you know, someone to tell me a good movie... ... ... (shakes head)... tell me a good story."

He was also like, "We really only touched on the emoting of the robots in the first film, but this time, we've really improved their emoting and it will give the viewer a much better look at the emotions of these robots which is really fantastic."

Oh god... I was horrified.

• 6 months later...

I've just had a boss conversation with my 5 year old on Optimus Prime and Megatron, he was informing me all about autobots and decepticons. I know i had the same conversation with my younger brother about 20 years ago. I love being a mum.

Just thought i'd share that as it made me feel all gooey and maternal for a few moments.

I don't say this lightly, but II is genuinely the worst film I've ever seen.

Is right, watched it last week, thought it'd be the perfect New Years Eve afternoon film.

After seeing it I was about to throw it in the oven, to be cast back to the Movie underworld/shithole it came from, then I realised I had to post it back to lovefilm. Even the other half, who came back from shopping 30minutes from the end was laughing at it. I had a few angry but Rum induced conversations about Michael Bay that evening as a result.

God, I wished I'd bought it so I could burn it and there was one less copy of it in existance.

(we both actually liked the first one too)