You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are you watching the game?

Paco

I have to say having watched the Europa Cup Final there the turnout was a bit disappointing last night.

My current plan is to watch the Final in Liverpool

I looked into that a bit earlier and the hotel prices are not great.

I looked into that a bit earlier and the hotel prices are not great.

I was looking for that because watching the match in town in 05 and 07 getting home was a nightmare.  In 05, part of our story, was we had walked from town to the top of Walton road and two lads pulled up in a car from St Helens asking where the nearest petrol station was, 5 of us piled in the back of their car and directed them to one which was conveniently located within a 2 minute walk from our house.  

1000 a night for an apartment for 4-6 people.  I'll take my hiking boots with me I think. 

• Upvote 1

I've been in touch with the Edinburgh supporters club to see where they're watching it so that might be an option (Champ, Kevin D, mgw100 & anyone else who stays around here), they said to keep an eye on their Twitter account.

I've got two people who are unlucky omens though from 2007 & Basel, if I see either of them in the next three weeks they'll be getting a swift boot in the baws.

I've been in touch with the Edinburgh supporters club to see where they're watching it so that might be an option (Champ, Kevin D, mgw100 & anyone else who stays around here), they said to keep an eye on their Twitter account.

I've got two people who are unlucky omens though from 2007 & Basel, if I see either of them in the next three weeks they'll be getting a swift boot in the baws.

Good luck with the Supporters Club, Mark. I’ve yet to lay eyes on them which is why I go through to Glasgow.

For the earlier rounds of the Europa they told me they met at the Sports Bar at the back of my the station so I went along with my daft neighbour and we were the only 2 there.

I then heard they were meeting at Belushi’s. Same story

I'd imagine the final will generate a bit more interest, the boy says he's been inundated with requests for tickets for the game (people are fucking unbelievable).

Having said that, The Sports Bar & Belushi's are shitholes, I'll probably end up heading to The Phoenix to watch it.

I'd imagine the final will generate a bit more interest, the boy says he's been inundated with requests for tickets for the game (people are fucking unbelievable).

Having said that, The Sports Bar & Belushi's are shitholes, I'll probably end up heading to The Phoenix to watch it.

Apologies if my reply sounded a bit negative and if my plan to go to Liverpool doesn’t materialise I’d be game

Mrs J has got us theatre tickets for 26 May with some friends, for her friend's birthday. It's been planned for over a year. 

Advice needed. I know this is the right place for good advice and I won't regret it.

• Upvote 1

Mrs J has got us theatre tickets for 26 May with some friends, for her friend's birthday. It's been planned for over a year.

Advice needed. I know this is the right place for good advice and I won't regret it.

Tell her your internet friends agree with you that you can’t possibly go now

• Upvote 1

Tell her the truth. You couldn't give a shiny one about the theatre and you're going to be a miserable cunt all evening if you have to go, knowing that you're missing a once in a decade chance to see the club you love win old big ears.

• Upvote 1

Fuck that. Sky plus it, and have a likely lads experience you can tell over and over again at dinner parties for the rest of your life, as well as still getting to enjoy a night at the theatre.

• Upvote 1

Good luck with the Supporters Club, Mark. I’ve yet to lay eyes on them which is why I go through to Glasgow.

For the earlier rounds of the Europa they told me they met at the Sports Bar at the back of my the station so I went along with my daft neighbour and we were the only 2 there.

I then heard they were meeting at Belushi’s. Same story

Yeah, I went to Belushi's for the Hoffenheim game and there was nobody there, plus it's a terrible place to watch a match.

Watched the 05 final in the Walkabout in town as it had the biggest screen in the city.

Watched the 07 final at home.

Do I watch the final in the Walkabout or the snooker club which now has the biggest screen in the city?

just as long as your not at home.
  • Upvote 1

There is nothing to think about. You're not going to the theatre and if you do you deserve to be castrated.

• Upvote 1

Watched the 05 final in the Walkabout in town as it had the biggest screen in the city.

Watched the 07 final at home.

Do I watch the final in the Walkabout or the snooker club which now has the biggest screen in the city?

I watched the 05 final in the Walkabout too. I was upstairs and had a great view. I was also on crutches at the time but that didn't stop me bouncing around like a cunt.

It’s definitely a “no” to the theatre. This is the CL final and that takes priority. The job in hand is to skillfully get it there. Is there another friend who could use your theatre ticket? Is there a special thing you could do for Mrs J - top meal/another night out/overnight break?

You have to find a win/win. Mrs J will get pampered in some way, and you will get to see the final.

You will lose the PR battle, but that’s something you will just have to take on the chin. The main thing is, don’t miss that final!

• Upvote 2