You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stabbings

Section_31

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A few sources are claiming that he fled Libya due to a fear of forcible recruitment by Islamist groups and that he converted to Christianity in the UK. And that he had mental health issues. The former bits could've been formulated to deceive, maybe. 

I'm sure we'll find out more in due course. 

The BBC report I saw said his neighbours had seen him in a ‘highly agitated state’ before the attacks. Sounds like mental illness rather than anything else.  

18 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well he was a Christian, so we know he was mentally ill.

This doesn’t offend me in the slightest but just for a second imagine your hysterics if someone had said that but used Jew instead of Christian. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This doesn’t offend me in the slightest but just for a second imagine your hysterics if someone had said that but used Jew instead of Christian. 

If you were talking about the religion, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. My only issue is with slurs against the ethnicity/race.

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Major incident in Glasgow. Reports of many stabbed and some dead. 

Fuck sake. Perpetrators of these acts need to be made an example of, like daily torture for the rest of their life, same with terrorists. I'm talking medieval shit.

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Talk that the hotel was used to house asylum seekers. 

And, I've just read a tweet which blamed Sadiq Khan for what's happened...

I guess that’s possible (not Sadiq Khan being to blame). Just a mid level City Centre/Business Hotel really.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Doesn't look like white caucasians stabbed unfortunately for the Daily Mail. 

If the asylum seeker accommodation claim is right, it could be anything. A dispute over nationality, ethnicity, religion that's escalated into a stabbing. Or a rightie attacking asylum seekers. Or a terrorist attack. Or anything. 

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

If the asylum seeker accommodation claim is right, it could be anything. A dispute over nationality, ethnicity, religion that's escalated into a stabbing. Or a rightie attacking asylum seekers. Or a terrorist attack. Or anything. 

If it is a righty attacking asylum seekers it isn't terrorism. Its a sad day for him, his parents and his old headteacher. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I do like how Sky's security expert, Graham Wettone, pronounces his name as Wett-un. I prefer to call him Wett One. 

Not seen the sky reports but how are the dogs looking? Sad? Hungry? Confused?