You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Hammill..

Stouffer

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a mate who was covering the Hartlepool-Acc. Stanley game for local radio today. Said that Antwi did ok but that David Martin was really impressive in goal.

Apparently Danny Wilson who sold him to us when in charge of MK Dons but now in charge of Hartlepool, was really talking him up after the game

Hammill was dropped by The Pars. He's clearly not ready to be a first team regular for us yet.

From what I understand he was rested for fitness reasons. Dunfermline can't afford to drop him for any other reason, as he has clearly been their best player. He does however run himself into the ground and was lethargic in their last game. Given the fitness to play out a full season he is ready to play a part in the Liverpool first team next season. In other words something like the amount of games Gonzalez has gotten this season. Certainly not a first team regular though.

How will Rafa go about monitoring the development of the lads who are out on loan? I mean, I've no doubt he'll ask the opinions of the managers at the relevant clubs, but who will actually go and watch them? Will it just be our local scout or one of our own coaching staff? I would have thought it'd be too time consuming for him to do it himself.

Watched Hammill recently in a England U19s and he was clearly the best player on the pitch. He played on the left but wasnt afraid to cut in if needed.

They were 3 fisticuffs during the game and Hammill was involved in all 3. He is clearly passionate about the game but would be easily wound up by the opposing full back.

He has bags of talent and should be involved in the Carling Cup next season or going out on loan again but he isnt ready for challenging for the 1st team yet.

From what I understand he was rested for fitness reasons. Dunfermline can't afford to drop him for any other reason, as he has clearly been their best player. He does however run himself into the ground and was lethargic in their last game. Given the fitness to play out a full season he is ready to play a part in the Liverpool first team next season. In other words something like the amount of games Gonzalez has gotten this season. Certainly not a first team regular though.

Yeah that does seem to be the case. I've had a look at the pars forums and it seems he had one bad day where he looked a bit lethargic but that he was back to his best on Saturday and the crowd were buzzing when he came on...

Also a good little interview with the lad here

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2007/04/05/sportstory9521204t0.asp

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N155540070410-1258.htm

Adam Hammill is aiming to emulate Zinedine Zidane when he walks out for Dunfermline in the Tennent's Scottish Cup semi-finals this weekend.

The Liverpool youngster, on loan at the Scottish side until the end of the season, will play the biggest game of his fledgling career against Hibernian at Hampden Park on Sunday.

And he admits he can't help thinking about the famous goal Zidane scored there in the Champions League final.

"I know there are a few people coming to watch me on Sunday," said Hammill. "Hampden is the biggest stage in Scottish football so if I show that I can deliver there, then I can definitely do it in England.

"I remember Zinedine Zidane's goal at Hampden in the Champions League final a few years ago. Zidane was an idol of mine, so to be able to play on the same pitch is tremendous.

"I've never been there, but I know it's a big playing surface. Hopefully, that might suit me in terms of getting the ball down and running at defenders."

The 19-year-old has played a key part in keeping alive Dunfermline's dream of remaining in the top flight. And Hammill revealed his impressive form has been motivated in part by memories of last year's FA Cup final in Cardiff.

"I was one of the reserves who travelled to Cardiff with some of the backroom staff from the club, and then I met up with my friends and family to watch the game.

"It was a great experience for me to be there, magical really, because I'm a massive Reds fan. There was a party afterwards and I was in there with all the first-team lads, sharing in what I hoped would be a taste of things to come for me. I looked at it all and thought: That's where I want to be.

"I've trained with the Liverpool first-team squad a few times and think I gave a good account of myself. Personally, I feel I can play at that standard, but it is all about gaining experience and know-how.

"To come out on loan to a club such as Dunfermline has helped me a hell of a lot. I've loved every minute and I'm so grateful to Stephen Kenny for giving me the chance. I've learned a lot about the competitive side of football and the physical elements, too. I've had lumps kicked out of me.

"It's also about playing in front of crowds and being able to handle that. Sunday will be the biggest yet and there are two ways it can go. Some people might let it pass them by, but I'm not like that. As soon as the whistle goes, I'll have the blinkers on."

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently played most of the game for The Pars tonight with double vision and still did well. They love him up there!

They won tonight and they are now within touching distance of safety. There is still hope for Adam's dream treble of them surviving and winning the cup, and Liverpool winning The Champions League.

Apparently played most of the game for The Pars tonight with double vision and still did well. They love him up there!

They won tonight and they are now within touching distance of safety. There is still hope for Adam's dream treble of them surviving and winning the cup, and Liverpool winning The Champions League.

I watched the game today, and Hammill did very well. Showed great vision, awareness and passing skills.

He has the talent to be as good as Joe Cole.