You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Away fans in KOP?

Naz17

It's one of my mate's birthday on the Arsenal game and we're planning to go to Anfield on 14th Feb to watch the match. Now he's a Liverpool fan, but some of the rest being londoners are arsenal fans. I keep telling them we should get KOP tickets, as it would be my first time to Anfield and would be a dream come true to be in the KOP. They all believe however that they're going to get beaten up etc, do you guys know if away fans get into the Kop and how they're treated? Would me being a Liverpool fan help them in any way?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one of my mate's birthday on the Arsenal game and we're planning to go to Anfield on 14th Feb to watch the match. Now he's a Liverpool fan, but some of the rest being londoners are arsenal fans. I keep telling them we should get KOP tickets, as it would be my first time to Anfield and would be a dream come true to be in the KOP. They all believe however that they're going to get beaten up etc, do you guys know if away fans get into the Kop and how they're treated? Would me being a Liverpool fan help them in any way?

They won't get beaten up unless they're total muppets, but the Kop can be quiet enough with some of the Liverpool supporters on their annual jaunt, let alone Arsenal supporters. If I can't get tickets for that match I'll know who to blame...

They wouldn't get beaten up, but you shouldn't be using kop tickets on Arsenal fans anyway! You and your mate go in the Kop and shunt them down the away end.

Yeah they want to go there, I'm just so keen on experiencing the Kop singing and chanting. Does this go on in the centenary and main stand aswell?

In sections I suppose. Obviously the best experience is to sit in the Kop, especially if it's your first visit, or a visit which will be the only one for a while.

Taking a group of gooners in there I wouldn't do though. Get them tickets elsewhere and keep it strictly Liverpool, it's not cricket.

In sections I suppose. Obviously the best experience is to sit in the Kop, especially if it's your first visit, or a visit which will be the only one for a while.

Taking a group of gooners in there I wouldn't do though. Get them tickets elsewhere and keep it strictly Liverpool, it's not cricket.

lol, To be honest I think they're just 2 arsenal fans but there'll be about 10 of us going I think and there'll be a few manc supporters and one chelsea....guess that's a no to the Kop then unless we segregate and just us Liverpool fans get tickets there, doubt that'll happen though.

you'll struggle to get that many tickets for the arsenal game anyway. If it was just 3 of you in the KOP id tell em just to be cool, sit on their hands, remember theres plenty of reds who can't even get tickets.

I wouldnt be taking any man u, cfc fans in their just for your own sake. A load of lads, bevvied up, with man u, cfc and arse fans in the kop, well you couldnt say you wernt warned could you.

you'll struggle to get that many tickets for the arsenal game anyway. If it was just 3 of you in the KOP id tell em just to be cool, sit on their hands, remember theres plenty of reds who can't even get tickets.

I wouldnt be taking any man u, cfc fans in their just for your own sake. A load of lads, bevvied up, with man u, cfc and arse fans in the kop, well you couldnt say you wernt warned could you.

Yeah I get what you're saying. Also does anyone know what's the best method to buy tickets remember I live in London. Any estimates on how much centenary or Kop tickets would cost also?

There's Ooters and there's Ooters. Naz is clearly in the latter category.

;)

Tell me you're on a windup eh Naz?

lol windup? The only windup would be my first time going to Anfield, all the while dreaming of making up chants in the middle of a game with the witty scousers having a great time in the Kop, instead sitting with gooners and mancs in the centenary. Not that I ain't looking forward to it like.

1st time? Best leave the new chants to the 'witty scousers' then eh? You and your mate should try and get in the Kop (and learn the words to YNWA, FOAR, PST first, and sing them when you get there) but the rest of your mates (a) will struggle like fuck to get tickets, (b) shouldn't really be there taking up tickets off LFC fans and © if they must come, chuck em in the Moan stand with the boiled-sweet brigade. Plenty of know-nothing cockneys in there*, they'll feel right at home ;)

(*I know this because that's where my seasies are. If I had an Uzi for everytime the part-timers start up the 'Easy Easy' and 'You're not singing any more' shite...)

Sorry to sound unwelcoming, you'll have a blinder I'm sure, but the Anfield atmosphere's being ruined by clueless Liverworld-shopping daytrippers, so mentioning that you're going to bring 8 non-LFC fans with you into the kop won't really go down too well.

1st time? Best leave the new chants to the 'witty scousers' then eh? You and your mate should try and get in the Kop (and learn the words to YNWA, FOAR, PST first, and sing them when you get there) but the rest of your mates (a) will struggle like fuck to get tickets, (b) shouldn't really be there taking up tickets off LFC fans and © if they must come, chuck em in the Moan stand with the boiled-sweet brigade. Plenty of know-nothing cockneys in there, they'll feel right at home ;)

(I know this because that's where my seasies are. If I had an Uzi for everytime the part-timers start up the 'Easy Easy' and 'You're not singing any more' shite...)

:D Good point, seeing as we're on the topic, what's the best chant you've ever heard during a game. One of the best someone told me about, was at Anfield I think it was against Middlesborough and one of our players went down, their fans started going "Same old Liverpool, always cheating", and straight away our lot go "Same old Middlesborough, always wingeing". Quality. Then there's that one against Luton that cracked me up, "Three one and you fucked it up!"

See the edit to my earlier post Naz.

Best Chant? Fuck knows, I've got an appalling memory for such things, same as I can never remember any jokes. There was one that I pissed myself laughing at on Saturday (not a chant as such, more an off the cuff retort). Can I remember what it was? Can I fuck! :wallbutt:

I blame James Beam and Rick Parry

See the edit to my earlier post Naz.

Best Chant? Fuck knows, I've got an appalling memory for such things, same as I can never remember any jokes. There was one that I pissed myself laughing at on Saturday (not a chant as such, more an off the cuff retort). Can I remember what it was? Can I fuck! :wallbutt:

I blame James Beam and Rick Parry

England's number one, England, England's number one? Perhaps?