You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

He lost Caicdeo, Mac Allister & Colwill returned to Chelsea and the players they identified, aren’t as good. Mitoma has been injured for long periods. 

Take the 3 / 4 best players out of any side and replace them inferior players and they’d struggle. 

Yeah thats what i was getting at as some reason for it

But he has kind of looked defeated to me, from the little i have watched at them. Maybe just seeing your best players sold each year has soured things a bit. He is obviously a good coach, if thats enough to walk into a dressing room like ours is another thing. 

1 hour ago, diamondjoe said:

Rumour is DeZerbi. Not for me. In fact I'm already calling for his shittly gelled head, the little shit beard. 

Fuck me, what a kick in the balls this is gonna be. 

Are they really going to force me to drive all the way to Brighton to deal with this?

image.gif

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The Athletic did something a while back looking at some data of who they thought was similar to klopp in style and stats and Sebastian Hoeness was one of the top results. He is doing a great job with Stuttgart. He took over in April with them in the bottom place and got them up into the relelgation playoff places(gaining 13pts from 8 games) and kept them up, he has now turned them into a near certain Champions League spot and is 3pts behind Bayern. 63% win rate with a relegation candidate last year. It looks like he is staying at Stuttgart but maybe one to keep a eye on

They also said in England, the closest to Klopp is Michael Carrick. 

IMO, we can’t go for Klopp 2. We need to do something a bit different. 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

But he has kind of looked defeated to me, from the little i have watched at them. Maybe just seeing your best players sold each year has soured things a bit. He is obviously a good coach, if thats enough to walk into a dressing room like ours is another thing. 

that's the nail there. 

there's something missing for me to connect as a fan. 

I had no idea who the other guy was from

sporting but a lot of people did. But I didn't have the same feelings about him as I did de zerbi

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

His comments after the game with us were telling. He wants more ambition shown at Brighton, he can’t keep selling his best players for hundreds of millions, buy unheard of players for peanuts and turn them into superstars every time. 

Don’t get me wrong, I have concerns on his personality as well. 

4 minutes ago, Dapower said:

It’s gonna end up like moyes walking into the Mancs dressing room and it’s who’s this fucking gimp

If it was Thiago Motta he would just pull the old 'put your medals on the table lads' trick

Screenshot_20240422_202032_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

No wonder we were getting the leaks of Liverpool aren't scared to ignore the popular choice. Its probably going to be someone mediocre isn't it but ticks a few little boxes and will doth the cap to Edwards and his bezzy  Hughes.

This appointment is massive and even the popular choices are underwhelming. Zerbi, Thomas Frank or Baldy slot... jeez that's grim. It was always going to be the case after Klopp it's a downgrade and it's clearly not an easy task to replace him. 

Frank seems like a good egg and the gig probably requires that trait above any other. The club has it currently stands doesn't need a radical overhaul, its needs continued stability. The squad is built, it doesn't require some tactical genius that is a clown or fraud like Rodgers,  equally someone that falls out with everyone is no use.  It's  Hughes and Edwards job to establish if the football he plays his based on resources or his natural inclination. 

7 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

that's the nail there. 

there's something missing for me to connect as a fan. 

I had no idea who the other guy was from

sporting but a lot of people did. But I didn't have the same feelings about him as I did de zerbi

If we’re giving everything, improving and winning, the connection will come. 

Look at Benitez, he’s one of the coldest coaches we’ve ever had. I can’t see him ever being as friendly with the players as Klopp (Gerrard’s books confirm this), he never celebrated when we scored, barely ever smiled or showed a sense of humour… but, for a time at least, we all loved him.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

His comments after the game with us were telling. He wants more ambition shown at Brighton, he can’t keep selling his best players for hundreds of millions, buy unheard of players for peanuts and turn them into superstars every time. 

Don’t get me wrong, I have concerns on his personality as well. 

The issue is he joined Brighton knowing thats how they do things, this is his first full season(i do realise he was managing Brighton from October last season mind) and is already throwing a fit after a very unfortunate second half of the season due to injuries(which frankly also concern me as it kind of hints thats his training methods responsible plus our injury record is hardly great as is), his attitude also has seemingly spread to their actual team who just seem to now lack that bit of belief that seemed to push them on last season, not really something I'd want to see at Liverpool.

12 minutes ago, No2 said:

Frank seems like a good egg and the gig probably requires that trait above any other. The club has it currently stands doesn't need a radical overhaul, its needs continued stability. The squad is built, it doesn't require some tactical genius that is a clown or fraud like Rodgers,  equally someone that falls out with everyone is no use.  It's  Hughes and Edwards job to establish if the football he plays his based on resources or his natural inclination. 

Jobs for the boys Edwards probably employs Howe.

2 minutes ago, Tenfolder said:

The issue is he joined Brighton knowing thats how they do things, this is his first full season(i do realise he was managing Brighton from October last season mind) and is already throwing a fit after a very unfortunate second half of the season due to injuries(which frankly also concern me as it kind of hints thats his training methods responsible plus our injury record is hardly great as is), his attitude also has seemingly spread to their actual team who just seem to now lack that bit of belief that seemed to push them on last season, not really something I'd want to see at Liverpool.

Given the amount of muscle injuries everybody has suffered this season, I don’t think any conclusions can be drawn from any training methods because everybody has suffered.

I agree with your point on his attitude. I’m not sold on his personality, he seems to confrontational - officials, his chairman etc… the scrutiny will be a lot higher with us. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Jobs for the boys Edwards probably employs Howe.

When Rodger’s was sacked, according to the Data Game book I’ve finished reading, the shortlist to take over was Klopp, Ancelotti & Howe.  

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If we got Howe and his bell end number 2 that would definitely be my final nail in the football coffin.

on the plus side the tanning industry in Liverpool would be booming 

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

It's like a mix of Russian and some afrikaans... But in reality, they're just speaking Spanish

I like it, it may be  weird but it sounds a little bit like Ukrainian because of the nasal, lots of « Che ». Great people though.

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

The Athletic did something a while back looking at some data of who they thought was similar to klopp in style and stats and Sebastian Hoeness was one of the top results. He is doing a great job with Stuttgart. He took over in April with them in the bottom place and got them up into the relelgation playoff places(gaining 13pts from 8 games) and kept them up, he has now turned them into a near certain Champions League spot and is 3pts behind Bayern. 63% win rate with a relegation candidate last year. It looks like he is staying at Stuttgart but maybe one to keep a eye on

Have mentioned him a few times, he's doing really well with Stuttgart.

But the family connection with Bayern probably means he's going there.

53 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

It is going to be Rodgers 2.0. FSG hit the lottory with Klopp and now he's had enough the shit will hit the fan and they'll be exposed as the frauds they are. 

People are going to be delusional enough to think we are entitled be a top four side as a result of our history despite spending like a lower top 10 side. Following our recent dip in form, I’ve seen a ton of social media cretins declaring that Klopp’s departure might be a good thing - they’re going to have a rude awakening next season, when the extent of our over-performance under his management becomes clear.

The reality is that Europa League qualification would have to be seen as a really good result for a club that invests on the pitch like ours.