You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (A) - Sat 30th Sep 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

I wonder if we’ll appeal the Jones red card. 

Given the refs first view is off that still, I think we could make a case for decision to have been compromised. 

I bet in the ear piece England played Hooper Janet Leigh’s scream from 'Psycho' on repeat…

IMG_0091.jpeg

IMG_0093.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

It is as clear as day...

The graphics are simply titled differently based on the sort of check being carried out....

Check for goal not disallowed by on field officials:

20231002-120842.jpg

Check for goal disallowed by on field officials:

Screenshot-20231002-120639-Chrome.jpg

This clearly discredits the supposed excuse.....

I genuinely don't know how it works but I doubt the VAR officials put up graphics on the broadcast. Would assume that would be the production team.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I genuinely don't know how it works but I doubt the VAR officials put up graphics on the broadcast. Would assume that would be the production team.

It comes from their screens - that is why we see lines and the red and green when decision is made. We see what they are using - so based on that they knew clearly that they were checking a goal that had been disallowed by on field officials.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Just been reading some of the Have Your Say comments on the BBC, Spurs fans are really smelling themselves after the last 2 results.

Come on, dont you realise they were the real hard done by party in all this, the media didn't give them enough attention for their greatest victory ever and all the talk was about Liverpool!

Anyway hopefully they continue to smell themselves until they finally get knocked down a peg or two(unfortunately unlikely until the end of November looking at their fixture list).

24 minutes ago, an tha said:

It comes from their screens - that is why we see lines and the red and green when decision is made. We see what they are using - so based on that they knew clearly that they were checking a goal that had been disallowed by on field officials.

I know the replay is from their screens, I am not sure the graphic is. Some saying they do not create that and do not see it.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I know the replay is from their screens, I am not sure the graphic is. Some saying they do not create that and do not see it.

They have to see it and the graphic has to be same as their screens as that is what the lines are drawn on that we see and we even see lines movinh and we see the lines going on and then the green or red for on or off.

I can't see how it could be any different at all.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

They have to see it and the graphic has to be same as their screens as that is what the lines are drawn on that we see and we even see lines movinh and we see the lines going on and then the green or red for on or off.

I can't see how it could be any different at all.

Why? If anything they would just be looking at the replays - not having a TV graphic taking up part of the screen they are reviewing, that doesn't make sense. Yes, we do see their screen with the lines.

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why? If anything they would just be looking at the replays - not having a TV graphic taking up part of the screen they are reviewing, that doesn't make sense. Yes, we do see their screen with the lines.

I think you are misunderstanding the point here.

We clearly see what they are using and the same language is even used in the ground where they have big screens.

You see it "Checking Goal - Possible Offside"....."Checking Disallowed Goal - Offside"

Those screens are clearly accessed by the operatives based on what they are checking - the VAR operative will have called up that screen and when he did that screen will have clearly stated on it what he was checking which was a "Disallowed Goal - Offside".

If for some mad reason the above is not case then it is beyond crazy - surely step 1 is everyone has to know what is being checked....

It is mind boggling to think that they wouldn't be aware that it was disallowed on field - it was flashed up on scoreboard - they must see the reaction of players etc too...it just beggars belief.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I think you are misunderstanding the point here.

We clearly see what they are using and the same language is even used in the ground where they have big screens.

You see it "Checking Goal - Possible Offside"....."Checking Disallowed Goal - Offside"

Those screens are clearly accessed by the operatives based on what they are checking - the VAR operative will have called up that screen and when he did that screen will have clearly stated on it what he was checking which was a "Disallowed Goal - Offside".

If you say so. Not sure they are calling up different screens at will - logically they would have the raw game feed (no commentators, no extra graphics, no views of the crowd etc), not the TV feed.

That does not excuse the error. It would be a good question to pose.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If you say so. Not sure they are calling up different screens at will - logically they would have the raw game feed (no commentators, no extra graphics, no views of the crowd etc), not the TV feed.

That does not excuse the error. It would be a good question to pose.

I suppose we will find out - but surely step 1 is they have to know what they are checking and everyone has to agree what the check is before it takes place....what better way than it to clearly state it like what we all see...

I find it hard to believe that is not case and if it isn't then it needs to be made so now so this can never happen again.

Useless cunts.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

I suppose we will find out - but surely step 1 is they have to know what they are checking and everyone has to agree what the check is before it takes place....what better way than it to clearly state it like what we all see...

I find it hard to believe that is not case and if it isn't then it needs to be made so now so this can never happen again.

Useless cunts.

This guy reckons not

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

The referee clearly realises the mistake pretty quickly after the restart, puts his whistle to his lips  and decides to do nothing to correct it.

Gallagher has said after the match that VAR didn't tell Hooper until halftime - whether that is true or not - who knows.

The audio would explain it though..