You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs Aston Villa - Saturday 20th May at 15:00

11 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Salah is pretty diabolical these days in his inter gameplay. Truly diabolical. no other word for it.

watching him and Henderson try to work something on the right wing was like watching a fucking testimonial game with ex Brookside actors.

I hope he goes and get someone who actually benefits the team rather than pads stats.

He doesn't have a fullback overlapping anymore he's got a midfielder that sits on the touchline behind him playing it backwards or floating it to the back post.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

With no CL football I'm now expecting these cunts to spend fuck all and sell sell sell players to cover the losses they will no doubt try to bullshit fans about. 

We wouldn't have spent particularly big anyway, so I'm personally very relaxed about what UEFA Cup qualification does, or doesn't, do for our spending power.

4 minutes ago, niallers said:

The law defines the different scenarios where you can gain an advantage:  The ball has rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent The ball is deliberately saved by any opponent What exactly does gaining an advantage mean? Here are the 2 ways that are defined by the Laws of the Game:  A ball that rebounds or is deflected to him off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent having been in an offside position A ball that rebounds, is deflected or is played to him from a deliberate save by an opponent having been in an offside position As such, you will commit an offside offence when you meet these criteria:  You are in an offside position when the ball was first played by your teammate You gained an advantage when the ball either rebounds off the post or is saved by the goalkeeper.

Apparently, the rule is that the defender HAS to deliberately play the ballso virgil was offside under the rules. They must've changed that rule as I always thought it was a new phase of play and/or any touch from a defender, rendered the attacker being offside moot.

Cunting cunts and those bloo cunts scored 90+9 too.

This season can get to fuck

Yes it's deliberate 

But it obviously was, he stuck his foot in to make a clearance so deliberately played the ball. Ultimately I doubt it makes much difference but its a fucking pisstake and the ref partly involved in Klopp suspension getting a game. Every major decision went one way. And it shows how much influence they have on games. Look earlier when Diaz flicks it past Cash to put us in a 2-1 gets pulled back and he waves play on. Everytime they went down in first half he gave freekicks. They do just enough damage that it doesn't get looked at but enough to stop you being able to get a grip of the game. Martinez time wasting from 30 mins so he waits a additional 46 minutes to book him

Just now, Bloke said:

And Jota did worse than that the other week before we get on our high horse about Mings.

Amd most agreed he should have been off, though the player he caught should have been off in the first half. Mings k ew what he was doing there, there no watching the ball, he left his foot in after looking directly at the player. No attempt to pull out, straight into his chest and racks down

• Upvote 1

Mings challenge was lower, yes. But had much more power going into it (from the challenging player at least, still confused why Skipp decided a diving header was the right approach to an aerial challenge) and, crucially he was the last man. Regardless, I thought it was yellow at first look, clumsy rather than malicious.

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

We wouldn't have spent particularly big anyway, so I'm personally very relaxed about what UEFA Cup qualification does, or doesn't, do for our spending power.

Funnily enough the 2016 Europa League final still bugs the fuck out of me so i want us to put that right.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

We don't deserve cl anyway, the players don't and the moneymen certainly fucking don't. No investment - no reward.

Exactly.

And I'd rather the value of FSGs "asset" falls through the floor by clearly not being good enough for CL qualification each year, rather than half arsed attempts at patching up problem areas to give us a 1 in 4 chance.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

We don't deserve cl anyway, the players don't and the moneymen certainly fucking don't. No investment - no reward.

Agree with that and ultimately I don't think today really mattered as the mancs would have got over the line. Plenty to work on in the summer but we do look in a better place than 2 months ago. Though I still think there are games we can't play with this back 3/4 and Trebt in midfield. We need a 2nd option from that keeps Trent inmidfield either RM or as part of a 2 and with a solid RB in place

But it's been a pisstake from refs since the Spurs game, and as shit as we were that's cost us 3pts a potentially a CL spot. Just like last year's handball cost us the title and a few years back the non pen in the Leicester game and no red for Kompany lunge on Salah the league again. We repeatedly seem to be on the poor side of these things in tbe biggest moments

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

clumsy rather than malicious.

He's looking at the player the whole time and at no point attempts to pull out. Its intentional as you can get. Hence the cut on his chest and the scrapes as he's dragged his foot down after. He's also last man and stopped a goal scoring chance. It's a red all day for me. Though Skipp and Jota should both have got reds

I'd not lose sleep over losing any of our midfielders such as Hendo or Fab but I know Klopp wont offload too many at once due to needing an understanding between back four and the midfield lads. I think Elliott is miles off and Jones flatters to deceive but none are irreplaceable any more,for a variety of reasons. Pace and desire being the main two.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

What's the fucking point in getting cl with no investment anyway just to watch us scrape through the groups then get arse reemed by Napoli or some other cunts. Yeah great fun. 

Come on mate, we've been to 3 finals under Klopp.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He's looking at the player the whole time and at no point attempts to pull out. Its intentional as you can get. Hence the cut on his chest and the scrapes as he's dragged his foot down after. He's also last man and stopped a goal scoring chance. It's a red all day for me. Though Skipp and Jota should both have got reds

I don't know why you've edited out the bit that says that was my first impression, but yeah. cool.

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Amd most agreed he should have been off, though the player he caught should have been off in the first half. Mings k ew what he was doing there, there no watching the ball, he left his foot in after looking directly at the player. No attempt to pull out, straight into his chest and racks down

I genuinely believe Mings took his foot off the peddle when Man City scored those 3 goals on the last day because Gerrard dropped him as captain and put him on the bench that's how scewed my view is on that turd.

He got the ball first and that was a natural follow through today in my opinion though. 

How was Virgil offside when Diaz played the ball backwards onto the defender?

Also, didn't the defender stick his leg out to play the ball, just like Lovren to Diving Harry Kane all those years ago?

We havent been good enough. Barely been in the top 4 this season (if we have been in it at all, I really dont think we have).

On a base level, Mo's penalties against Arse and Bournemouth could have been the difference at a minimum, but its churlish to levy it his door when he has scoring all season. 

I take the view its not a big concern in that we are not miles off. Newcastle, Arsenal and United have profiteered over bad seasons for us and Chelsea, and Spurs have just been what Spurs do normally.

We are better than the Mancs.  I dont think Arsenal are fundamentally better than us, obviously they have a midfield. But one £40m signing in midfield back in the summer would have probably been enough over the course of the season to see us right. I cited Sabitzer at the red manc in another post as someone who has made an impact since January. Why didnt we go in for him on loan ?

Perhaps we needed this kick up the arse. We have enjoyed a few years of fairly straight forward qualification, limping away on the fact that we havent spent a red cent on a midfielder since Fabinho, several years ago. Of course, on here, we have seen this all coming. The midfielders collectively have had more minutes in the treatment room than on the pitch. 

We need a big summer, at least 2, possibly 3 midifielders, given there is comedy Thursdays to take into account, and some defensive cover. If Kelleher goes, we will need another keeper. Surely Drian isnt gonna be hanging on.

4 minutes ago, Lario said:

How was Virgil offside when Diaz played the ball backwards onto the defender?

Also, didn't the defender stick his leg out to play the ball, just like Lovren to Diving Harry Kane all those years ago?

The ball going backwards doesn't matter. It's very unusual but once the ball is played, back side or forwards, if the receiving player is off to begin with, he's off.