You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I hear Lavia was meant to have been good for Southampton last night.

What a daft move to take him off in 86. Then they concede in 88 & 90. Like taking off Hamman in Leverkusen. 

I was really impressed with him last night, comfortable receiving g the ball in tight areas and not panicking. Was able to turn and beat the press on numerous occasions.

Would prefer he has another season at Southampton progressing his game than made the jump too early. 

Looks a player but the wrong move could scupper that. If he were to move this summer I think Brighton to replace caceido would be the best place for him.

1 minute ago, SlugTrail said:

Or we spunk 50m on a kid that has made less than 40 pl appearances 

I'm just pointing out that as a player who moved to Southampton from Man City and has a 40 million pound buy back clause that kicks in 2024 a club (i.e any club) that has eyes on him as a player they would like will have to move a year earlier than they may want to because if not he almost certainly ends up back at City in summer 2024.

In fact I'd be surprised that, if it looks likely he's going to move this summer, City may go early just to protect that investment at the expense of a few million extra.

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I'm just pointing out that as a player who moved to Southampton from Man City and has a 40 million pound buy back clause that kicks in 2024 a club (i.e any club) that has eyes on him as a player they would like will have to move a year earlier than they may want to because if not he almost certainly ends up back at City in summer 2024.

In fact I'd be surprised that, if it looks likely he's going to move this summer, City may go early just to protect that investment at the expense of a few million extra.

And Philips doesng seem to have worked out. The rumours are that they'll also lose Gundogan and Silva this summer. 

1 minute ago, Razoray said:

I know, that £45m down the drain, will haunt them for years to come. It has thrown their planned budget out of kilter.  What shall they do? 

Utter cunts

Makes no sense whatsoever as they already had that Lavia kid who could have played the 7 minutes that he's has played. Oh well 2 years of free transfers for them now...........

Oh, that's only us. Bugger

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I hear Lavia was meant to have been good for Southampton last night.

What a daft move to take him off in 86. Then they concede in 88 & 90. Like taking off Hamman in Leverkusen. 

Sky gave him rating of 5 which is supposed to be an average rating but it's SKY so will give him the benefit of doubt.

8 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

We should never have sold Neco Williams. Would have been perfect at right back with Trent in midfield.

Short sighted tossers.

Aye you're right, he'd fit right in with us if he stayed given his 1 assist and playing as part of a defensive line that have conceded the second most goals this season.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm not a big "complain about the budget guy" but if we sign him it will be a result of needing a cheaper alternative because we have to sign a bunch of other players and he was a promising player once. Not good.

He's 20, and by once you presumably mean last summer?

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

He's 20, and by once you presumably mean last summer?

Was he ever that good at Ajax, though? The Eredivisie is one of those leagues where any player with a modicum of talent and professionalism will excel in. You have to be dominant, like Gakpo was. 

Gravenberch basically got a big move because because he'd be cheap and has proceeded to do nothing.