You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves, FA Cup, 7th Jan

Bob

1 minute ago, Kevin D said:

Passion like this will see the lads through.

Ha I’m too passionate. Couldn’t get out of bed after that Brentford match and felt sick. Same when we lost to Spurs away last year. Still not up to listening to the podcast. Pathetic maybe but passionless, I refute.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Ha I’m too passionate. Couldn’t get out of bed after that Brentford match and felt sick. Same when we lost to Spurs away last year. Still not up to listening to the podcast. Pathetic maybe but passionless, I refute.

I just shrugged my shoulders and thought 'so what.' If it wasn't for Klopp I don't think I'd even bother watching any more. Football is just a toy for billionaires to play with and as Mook says 'a reason why our current version of capitalism is a fuckin' disaster.' In all aspects of life and not just football. It's hard to care when so few others appear to.

Just to add that even during our area's darkest days attending a football match was still just within reach and a welcome relief from life's struggles,but now the whole game just epitomises it.

• Upvote 1

On 06/01/2023 at 02:02, Reckoner said:

They’re putting us on ITV4, the cheeky cunts.

To be honest it was a relief when I realised this was a cup game and so I don’t have to attend it. Watching it on telly will be bad enough but if we’re anything like the other day I’m switching it off, can’t be doing with it.

I'm going. I'm planning to walk out on 53 minutes, like the best fans in the world do.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Reckoner said:

You stayed in bed for a draw?  That's commitment.

14 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I've become infinitely better at dealing with defeats as I've gotten older, but that Spurs game last season still rankles.

I don't think I'll ever get over that Everton game where Van Dijk and Thiago got injured. I honestly think it cost us another league and possibly another European Cup. For that reason alone, I'm nearly as invested in Everton being relegated as anything we do in the league this season.

I might be more circumspect after defeats, but I'm still petty as fuck.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, an tha said:

No arguments from me if Queef leaves now or in the summer, but I would be inserting a strong buy back clause as part of any transfer. He's a fucking good keeper and could develop into a brilliant keeper.

No argument with Adrian going either, he's not worth his money. Not sure about Zieler as a replacement, he was at Leicester as back up to Schmeichel a few years back and didn't look too great.

Feels like a big game this - we need to bounce back from that disgraceful showing against Brentford and we need to show we can sort ourselves out and that we can cope without VVD.

Odds on of course that one of our remaining centre halves will get injured tonight.

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

No arguments from me if Queef leaves now or in the summer, but I would be inserting a strong buy back clause as part of any transfer. He's a fucking good keeper and could develop into a brilliant keeper.

Lots of arguments from me if he leaves now. Ali isn't exactly immune to injuries.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, J-V said:

You stayed in bed for a draw?  That's commitment.

Oh shit, you’re right. Felt like a defeat. How far we‘ve fallen. (Although maybe it’s that Leicester game I’m thinking of)

For tonight- Guy on twitter reckons this is confirmed line up, which I’d be happy with.

8B63DEB6-6922-4968-97F5-E5287261D107.jpeg

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, andrew78 said:

My mates taking his little lad tonight his first ever Liverpool game part of his Christmas box he was in tears was that happy might be in more tears later 

Is right. Hope we win for him because tonight will change that little mans life. Greatest moment in a lads life is seeing that pitch for the first time, and under the floodlights as well. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Not playing Kelleher and Phillips in a game like this is counterproductive, in my opinion. What’s the point of them otherwise? Players need the odd game so they’re not completely cold when we might really need them.

I see your point but in the circumstances a win and good performance feels much needed.

5 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I see your point but in the circumstances a win and good performance feels much needed.

Yeah, you’re right of course, but at the very least Kelleher should be playing tonight. He’s more than earned that in domestic cup competitions.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Not playing Kelleher and Phillips in a game like this is counterproductive, in my opinion. What’s the point of them otherwise? Players need the odd game so they’re not completely cold when we might really need them.

Ordinarily yeah - but the way the fixtures have fallen this year there isn't such a compressed christmas/new year period so no need to rest players and of course we desperately need to get some rhythm and confidence

With a clear 7 days to next game I feel this is right thing to do tonight.

I do think Kelleher is hard done by here mind.