You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fri 30 December 20:00 Liverpool vs Leicester City

Lee909

35 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Trent has been very very poor also. No assists since last season. When he isn’t contributing anything going forward, then we might as well go with Gomez attorney RB, atleast we will be a bit better defensively. 

That was Trent’s best defensive performance in a long time last night. He seems to have regained the energy he was lacking pre WC. His pass to Robbo for the first goal against Villa was ridiculous and although it wasn’t an assist, it made the goal possible 

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I actually thought the 2nd half was steady away last night.

Didn’t really give up any chances, defence and Alisson were largely untroubled, Mo, Nunez & Hendo all went close / should have done better.

Obviously it wasn’t great, I thought we closed it out Ok.

This. As well as Leicester played in the first half hour, they created fuck all. And as sloppy and lethargic as we looked at times, we should still have won by two if not three clear goals.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DaveT said:

This. As well as Leicester played in the first half hour, they created fuck all. And as sloppy and lethargic as we looked at times, we should still have won by two if not three clear goals.

I had the misfortune to have Beglin on comms who seemed to think Leicester last night could be bracketed with Brazil 1970 and should have 'easily' won the game, while I'm thinking they only had one shot on target after the first 20 minutes, while Darwin and Mo could have had 5 goals between them.

Good to hear VVD emphasising once again that opposition chances that come from offside moves caught by our deliberate offside trap are neither here nor there despite this obvious fact being ignored by commentators.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DJLJ said:

Trent has been very very poor also. No assists since last season. When he isn’t contributing anything going forward, then we might as well go with Gomez attorney RB, atleast we will be a bit better defensively. 

Thought Trent had a very good game yesterday. Decent going forwards and much better defensively than what has been the case so far this season. 

Thought Thiago, Trent and Nunez were our best players last night. Van Dijk also decent, and nothing wrong with Alisson. The rest were pretty poor.

8 hours ago, gkmacca said:

On a positive note, some of the things Thiago did were just breathtaking. Just a slight adjustment of his feet, not touching the ball at all, and an opponent stumbled past him. He needs someone else to be doing a lot of the dirty work he was obliged to do last night, but he's one of those players, like Molby, who seems at times to have an extra few seconds to make his decisions. It's just a treat to watch him play for us.

Spot on mate

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

I had the misfortune to have Beglin on comms who seemed to think Leicester last night could be bracketed with Brazil 1970 and should have 'easily' won the game, while I'm thinking they only had one shot on target after the first 20 minutes, while Darwin and Mo could have had 5 goals between them.

Good to hear VVD emphasising once again that opposition chances that come from offside moves caught by our deliberate offside trap are neither here nor there despite this obvious fact being ignored by commentators.

I thought it was bizarre Mo's goal was chalked off for offside. Yeah, he was in an offside position but Ward kicked the ball at Nunez, I think and the rebound fell to Mo who should then become onside and 'scored.'

How is Ward's deliberate kicking the ball, it striking a player any different to a striker being offside but the defender 'intentionally' touches the ball, either an attempted clearance or mishit, plays the 'offside' player onside?

33 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I thought it was bizarre Mo's goal was chalked off for offside. Yeah, he was in an offside position but Ward kicked the ball at Nunez, I think and the rebound fell to Mo who should then become onside and 'scored.'

How is Ward's deliberate kicking the ball, it striking a player any different to a striker being offside but the defender 'intentionally' touches the ball, either an attempted clearance or mishit, plays the 'offside' player onside?

Ward kicked it off our player so Ox had to be offside.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

It hit the Ox and went forward to Mo who was in an offside position,therefore offside. I didnt notice this until the replay.

I cant believe how genuinely shit we've become. Teams love to play us. We are so predictable every single manager in the league has the most basic gameplan to hurt us. We don't even look like we have the first clue how to fix things just like watching a boxer getting hit with the same jab constantly and not doing anything at all to stop it. We have top players  who occasionally remember it but so far it's a mess. 

If we are struggling against shit teams you have to look at our team sheet and say some of these players just aren't good enough. We need to knock this nostalgic shit of clinging onto players because we like them and they were great for us so let's keep them until they retire because they might offer something now and then. Budget aside I think Klopp has some kind of fleeing the nest syndrome after having his players constantly stolen off him in previous jobs. I love these lads but would get rid of many of them in a heartbeat. Firmino, Henderson, Keita, Ox, Milner, Jones, phillips and honestly Jota is walking on thin fucking ice for me , good is no good if its never an option. How much wages is that. We need to ruthlessly evolve. Too nice on the pitch and off it we're like George Mcfly. 

Looking at Arsenal yesterday young energetic champing at the bit, look at Ferguson in the past the team having to be cutting edge and constantly evolving not rebuilding. If its going to be expensive its our own fault we could of made small quality changes each window but FSG are a fucking pensioners savings pot.

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I cant believe how genuinely shit we've become. Teams love to play us. We are so predictable every single manager in the league has the most basic gameplan to hurt us. We don't even look like we have the first clue how to fix things just like watching a boxer getting hit with the same jab constantly and not doing anything at all to stop it. We have top players  who occasionally remember it but so far it's a mess. 

If we are struggling against shit teams you have to look at our team sheet and say some of these players just aren't good enough. We need to knock this nostalgic shit of clinging onto players because we like them and they were great for us so let's keep them until they retire because they might offer something now and then. Budget aside I think Klopp has some kind of fleeing the nest syndrome after having his players constantly stolen off him in previous jobs. I love these lads but would get rid of many of them in a heartbeat. Firmino, Henderson, Keita, Ox, Milner, Jones, phillips and honestly Jota is walking on thin fucking ice for me , good is no good if its never an option. How much wages is that. We need to ruthlessly evolve. Too nice on the pitch and off it we're like George Mcfly. 

Looking at Arsenal yesterday young energetic champing at the bit, look at Ferguson in the past the team having to be cutting edge and constantly evolving not rebuilding. If its going to be expensive its our own fault we could of made small quality changes each window but FSG are a fucking pensioners savings pot.

I think the Gakpo signing is a sign that Klopp is trying to redress this. We will have to hope a midfielder is part of this plan.