You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can We Just Stop and Think About This for a Moment?

Jurgen Knows

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Hey Jurgen there has been a lot of discussion in the last decade on here about your part of the world, never felt the compulsion to comment before?

As you can see it takes a massive effort to avoid the witch hunt. I didn’t always have the luxury of a month off work. I’ll probably go back to lurking mode after the world cup. I have a day job you know.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

I’ve never known anyone from the Middle East with as good a command as the English language as this fella. I even grew up with a Lebanese refugee from the age of 7 right until a few years ago when he moved back with his wife.

Its phenomenal.

I speak good Italian as well. Intermediate level. I am actually hoping this thread will be concluded soon so I can use the free time to practice my Italian. I still haven’t mastered il passato remoto.

Mi piace molto la cultura Italiana.

4 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

I speak good Italian as well. Intermediate level. I am actually hoping this thread will be concluded soon so I can use the free time to practice my Italian. I still haven’t mastered il passato remoto.

Trying much too hard. Good French? Colonial past and all.

13 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

I’ve never known anyone from the Middle East with as good a command as the English language as this fella. I even grew up with a Lebanese refugee from the age of 7 right until a few years ago when he moved back with his wife.

Its phenomenal.

you turned TK into what he is now?

6 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Don’t know any Italians, worried they will stab me in the arse whilst wearing a puffer jacket.

It’s the little nuances that amaze me. Have you ever lived over here?

Just now, Fugitive said:

Don’t know any Italians, worried they will stab me in the arse whilst wearing a puffer jacket.

It’s the little nuances that amaze me. Have you ever lived over here?

Now we’re stereotyping the Italians?

I’ve never been to the UK no, but I will take my sons one day to Anfield. Inchallah.