You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, coachpotato said:

Did anyone see the penalty Brown Jenkin “won” for United?
He wasn’t actually touched unless I missed something.

So why didn’t VAR shout the referee as it was one of the most clear and obvious errors you’ll see?
Oh, hang on, Howard Webb is back in charge now isn’t he.

Chelsea are shite as well.

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Just seen that Manc pen decision. Absolute corruption

Does kick his foot, you only see it on the low angle towards the goal, absolutely ridiculous tackle.

5 hours ago, Torvald Utne said:

Does kick his foot, you only see it on the low angle towards the goal, absolutely ridiculous tackle.

Yes, looks there’s minimal contact with the foot (?) but then the cheat takes a further step into the box and makes as if there’s contact there and goes down like the sack of shit that he is.

11 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Yeah boss. Standards are high around here as per.

I'm only happy when it rains,
I'm only happy when it's complicated,
And though I know you can't appreciate it,
I'm only happy when it rains.

You know I love it when the news is bad,
Why it feels so good to feel so sad?,

Pour your misery down,
Pour your misery down on me,
Pour your misery down,
Pour your misery down on me.

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Pour your misery down,
Pour your misery down,

Shirley you can't be serious?

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

If I was at Brentford, I’d want him fired…

IMG_9161.jpeg

1 hour ago, No2 said:

That's different to gambling, that's closer to match fixing and probably deserves a life time ban.

55 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

He needs a much longer ban than that, the cunt. I would love to know his stats for those 13 games....distance covered, goals scored, missed, missed passes.....

26 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Fucking hell, I know times change but didn't Tony Kay and Peter Swan get life bans for doing stuff similar to that?

Lucky to only get 8 months!

In typical internet clickbait misleading fashion, that headline relates to a time when he was a Newcastle player but on loan at Wigan.

Ivan Toney's 11 bets against own club as banned star diagnosed as addict - Mirror Online

The FA’s independent commission said that Toney placed 13 bets on his own team between August 2017 and March 2018 and 11 of those were against Newcastle, his parent club, while he was on loan at Wigan. But the independent commission found that he did not gamble on any games in which he was playing himself.

It stated: "There were 13 bets on Mr Toney’s own team to lose in 7 different matches between 22 August 2017 and 3 March 2018. Mr Toney did not play in any of those matches where he placed bets against his loan club as he was not in the match squad or against his parent club as he was on loan.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Pour your misery down,
Pour your misery down,

Maybe you should join this thread Europa League 2023/24 (redandwhitekop.com)

No wonder the club can never sustain anything like they did in the past. The Kop is full of fucking losers. Standards are rock bottom.

53 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

In typical internet clickbait misleading fashion, that headline relates to a time when he was a Newcastle player but on loan at Wigan.

Ivan Toney's 11 bets against own club as banned star diagnosed as addict - Mirror Online

The FA’s independent commission said that Toney placed 13 bets on his own team between August 2017 and March 2018 and 11 of those were against Newcastle, his parent club, while he was on loan at Wigan. But the independent commission found that he did not gamble on any games in which he was playing himself.

It stated: "There were 13 bets on Mr Toney’s own team to lose in 7 different matches between 22 August 2017 and 3 March 2018. Mr Toney did not play in any of those matches where he placed bets against his loan club as he was not in the match squad or against his parent club as he was on loan.

Thanks for clarifying bud, that's a bit less serious than I thought. I still think he was lucky to only get 8 months.

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Maybe you should join this thread Europa League 2023/24 (redandwhitekop.com)

No wonder the club can never sustain anything like they did in the past. The Kop is full of fucking losers. Standards are rock bottom.

I only smile in the dark,
My only comfort is the night gone black,
I didn't accidentally tell you that,
You'll get the message by the time I'm through,
When I complain about me and you,

Pour your misery down,
Pour your misery down,
Pour your misery down on me

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Thanks for clarifying bud, that's a bit less serious than I thought. I still think he was lucky to only get 8 months.

Saying his ban was reduced because of his addiction;

Brentford striker Ivan Toney was given a reduced ban from football because of a diagnosed gambling addiction.

A psychiatry expert who gave evidence to the FA's regulatory commission diagnosed Toney with a gambling addiction and concluded he needed help.