You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Special K said:

This is exactly how I feel. I'm sick of football

I thought winning it even with it being behind closed doors and everything else being locked down was still enough to satisfy the desire for winning it, and at time it felt like it was - but as time has gone on the reality for me is it just wasn't....It feels like it everything it was meant and supposed to be was stolen away from us - the explosion of joy of 30 years of waiting being over, the scenes in the ground, the celebrations, parade, the days on the ale after celebrating etc etc....

The players in front of Kop led by Klopp singing YNWA....you know the drill....

I appreciate people dying of covid was of course bigger and it is just football - but it still does not sit right with me - and then we have had a season like last where we took it down to last half hour of season or so only to be denied again with a massive pts tally.

It is all just fucking sickening frankly.

8 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I stand corrected!

Ha. I didn’t expect City to get back into it. But, it’s like Would I Lie To You whenever Bob Mortimer is on it. No matter how unrealistic or ridiculous his anecdote is, it always turns out he’s telling the truth. No matter how much the panel try to convince themselves otherwise. 

The same applies to Spurs. No matter how unrealistic it is that they’ll throw away a win, they conspire to trick the viewing public and will find some way of Spursing it up.

See, this is sublime levels of Spursing we’re seeing here. 

• Upvote 1

Spurs match thread.

How the second half started:

We will get chances second half while they press for goals. If we get the third one we could kill the game.

How it’s going:

Jesus fucking Christ. Ten minutes of happiness is all we get.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Spurs match thread.

We will get chances second half while they press for goals. If we get the third one we could kill the game.

How it’s going:

Underneath all the enoromous amounts of shite us football fans are largely all the same really aren't we....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Spurs match thread.

How it’s going:

Welcome to our world of the last 5 years barring the one notable exception