You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

17 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Don't think it's that concerning really, if anything the players could do with a 'nobody is safe' style kick up the arse and you're not doing it to Salah.

I think it perhaps points to a higher turnover of players in the summer than might have previously been expected if they don't think they can improve though.

one player is getting singled out and they are publically questioning his judgment.

Cant see the positive in that tbh.

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

one player is getting singled out and they are publically questioning his judgment.

Cant see the positive in that tbh.

Well for a start I don't think it's come from either Edwards or Hughes and is more likely to have come from someone at the club at the time of the decision.

Secondly, they're not wrong.

Just now, TD_LFC said:

Well for a start I don't think it's come from either Edwards or Hughes and is more likely to have come from someone at the club at the time of the decision.

Secondly, they're not wrong.

its clearly come from someone at the club.

whether they are right or wrong is immaterial. For a start,what purpose does it serve?   

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

its clearly come from someone at the club.

whether they are right or wrong is immaterial. For a start,what purpose does it serve?   

Either it gives Nunez (and by extension a few other players in a similar position) the kick up the arse he needs or it paves the way for him to get the fuck out of the club.

Win win.

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

Either it gives Nunez (and by extension a few other players in a similar position) the kick up the arse he needs or it paves the way for him to get the fuck out of the club.

Win win.

saying we didnt want you in the 1st place?

yep, cant see that working.

36 minutes ago, No2 said:

That's really concerning, Klopp hasn't left the building and leaks to support their own ends are starting already. 

Agreed.

The season is not over and Edwards is already going into business for himself.

Just now, TD_LFC said:

Show them they were wrong, don't sulk that someone didn't want you, it's a professional sport

we'll see. Like I said it just reminds of that whole rafa (while i didnt want him")era

3 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Still watching matches and saying to myself, he'll be offside here. Very rarely wrong as well. 

I am in the upgrade camp now. 

I've been in the upgrade camp from about his 3rd game for us. He doesn't have the intelligence or composure to play at the highest level.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Putting the likes of USG, Toulouse, Lask and Sparta Prague to the sword has really helped him this season.

Goals against

Newcastle x2

West Ham x1

LASK x1

Toulouse x1

Forest x2

Bournemouth x3

Burnley x2

Sparta Praguex3

Sheff Utd x1

Norwich x1

Brentford x1

18 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Goals against

Newcastle x2

West Ham x1

LASK x1

Toulouse x1

Forest x2

Bournemouth x3

Burnley x2

Sparta Praguex3

Sheff Utd x1

Norwich x1

Brentford x1

Like I’ve been saying for a while, his goal against West Ham in september, was the last time he scored against a team inside the top half of the PL. 

40 minutes ago, Code said:

Like I’ve been saying for a while, his goal against West Ham in september, was the last time he scored against a team inside the top half of the PL. 

We would have won that game last night if Mo hadn’t been utter fucking shite. 

Ivan Toney has scored more Premier league goals since the start of 2022/23 than Nunez. 

Ivan Toney has served a 9 month ban

Harry Kane has scored 10 more Premier league goals than Nunez since 22/23 and he's been playing in Germany for a season 

Nunez has outscored Richarlison this season by 1 goal despite playing 600 more minutes and taking 46 more shots

Ollie Watkins 1 league goal less this season than Nunez has in 2

Solanke 2 league goal less this season than Nunez has in 2

Isak 3 league goal less this season than Nunez has in 2

Chris Wood has more league goals this season

Antony Gordon,Wissa,Trossard  all have 1 less goal than Nunez

I've never seen a player get the blind loyalty for doing so little as Nunez gets

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Ivan Toney has scored more Premier league goals since the start of 2022/23 than Nunez. 

Harry Kane has scored 10 more Premier league goals than Nunez since 22/23 and he's been playing in Germany for a season 

Nunez has outscored Richarlison this season by 1 goal despite playing 600 more minutes and taking 46 more shots

I've never seen a player get the blind loyalty for doing so little as Nunez gets

To be honest I haven’t seen much of this blind loyalty on here of late. Probably one or two posters, the rest that to various degrees still have faith in Nunez seem to agree that he’s been off form of late. Also that his chance conversion over time hasnt been good enough I reckon most will acknowledge.

I’ve seen far more blind rage than blind loyalty. 

6 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

To be honest I haven’t seen much of this blind loyalty on here of late. Probably one or two posters, the rest that to various degrees still have faith in Nunez seem to agree that he’s been off form of late. Also that his chance conversion over time hasnt been good enough I reckon most will acknowledge.

Spot on, not sure where the blind loyalty is coming from outside of one or two posters.

9 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Its not just on here

I saw someone post earlier if the other forwards did there job Nunez wouldn't be a scapegoat and similar. 

You say off form lately its far closer he had a purple patches in the middle of shite. His record is shit and against anyone outside the bottom 8 or European teams that are even worse. If he played for anyone else everyone on here would have him as a laughing stock

38 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

anchorman-knights.gif

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

IMG_4927.jpeg

Sadio Mane played in 73 games

Nunez played in 92

Nunez joined a team that finished 2nd the year before

Mane a team that finished 8th

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Sadio Mane played in 73 games

Nunez played in 92

Nunez joined a team that finished 2nd the year before

Mane a team that finished 8th