You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup draw

suzy

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Boss day that, despite the result

Away end was bouncing.

Yeap, remember Ferguson walking out with the King just so he could get the applause he never got for himself. 

Was grim before the game though, was waiting outside the the Munich tunnel with THOUSANDS of them singing "I wish it could be Hillsborough everyday".  Cunts.

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Surely even the greedy, useless tossers at the FA will see sense here and game will be moved to the toilet....

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-fans-set-fa-23453964.amp

Seems to be a bit of clamour to get the game moved to Old Trafford. 

No doubt the FA will just say “Man Utd are at home that weekend” (they play Norwich) and that will be that. 

It's time people realised that the game/business of football has little to do with the fans any more at all. It's doubtful it ever has to be honest. The only way anything will happen is if ticket sales are well down and big money is at stake and the big wigs will either shit their pants and change venue or,more likely imo,have that maintenance work put on hold for a week or so.

4 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Yeap, remember Ferguson walking out with the King just so he could get the applause he never got for himself. 

Was grim before the game though, was waiting outside the the Munich tunnel with THOUSANDS of them singing "I wish it could be Hillsborough everyday".  Cunts.

Never saw a peep out of them all day.

Absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we took 12,000 with us.

If we would have scored that day, the roof would have come off.

15 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It's time people realised that the game/business of football has little to do with the fans any more at all. It's doubtful it ever has to be honest. The only way anything will happen is if ticket sales are well down and big money is at stake and the big wigs will either shit their pants and change venue or,more likely imo,have that maintenance work put on hold for a week or so.

That presupposes that the business of football was ever about the fans.

We only exist because two rich people were arguing about money.

58 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Rumours City will be a 12.30pm kick off. 

Even more helpful to everybody. 

Apparently the UK and Ireland will be chosen as the hosts of Euro 2028. Wonder if they'll just play every game at Wembley?. 

Old Trafford is unavailable for this game, Goodison is a decrepit shithole and Elland Road is too small. No reason why they couldn't play it at Sunderland or Newcastle. Bit of a hike but at least the trains may work. 

5 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Old Trafford is unavailable for this game, Goodison is a decrepit shithole and Elland Road is too small. No reason why they couldn't play it at Sunderland or Newcastle. Bit of a hike but at least the trains may work. 

Sunderland or Newcastle are good ideas. Or play it at Hampden.

Its going to be at Wembley and they’ll say “lack of alternatives but we’ve arranged for 2 extra National Express buses”. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Sunderland or Newcastle are good ideas. Or play it at Hampden.

Its going to be at Wembley and they’ll say “lack of alternatives but we’ve arranged for 2 extra National Express buses”. 

Play the big games in Cardiff. 

• Upvote 2

Only yourselves to blame. Semi finals are only held at the new Wembley because all football fans want that to be the case*, and I think we can all agree on one thing, the F.A. above all else listen to the wishes of football fans 

* I am sure the F.A. came up with this bollocks when they opened the new Wembley and wanted to justify football fans paying off their build costs.

3 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Only yourselves to blame. Semi finals are only held at the new Wembley because all football fans want that to be the case*, and I think we can all agree on one thing, the F.A. above all else listen to the wishes of football fans 

* I am sure the F.A. came up with this bollocks when they opened the new Wembley and wanted to justify football fans paying off their build costs.

It was definitely in the contract for all FA Cup semi finals to be played at Wembley after they rebuilt it. Not sure for how long. I think Cardiff is a good call.

It is absolute shite the semis are at Wembley....One of the big things with domestic cups is to make the final and get to Wembley....fucking semi finals being there is shite.

Should be way it was where semis are housed at the best ground based on the clubs playing.

So for example Chelsea v Palace would be Emirates or Tottenham....Us v The Cheats - The Toilet.

But of course the £££££'s talks and FA have tied into Wembley.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Is that any easier to get to than Wembley that weekend?

Issue with Newcastle or Sunderland is the majority of Liverpool trains will go through Manchester.

No way Sunderland or Newcastle's grounds are even big enough to hold it though. There are probably two that are. 

It would seem a bit counter intuitive to move the game from a place where loads of people cant get to to somewhere where loads wont get a ticket for. 

20 minutes ago, aws said:

I expect they will have sold those thousands of Club Wembley memberships on the basis that they include the semis as well as the finals so I doubt the FA will do anything about this.  

Completely agree. I 100% expect the game to take place at Wembley. 

FA have royally fucked themselves over this.  If the Toilet is unavailable then no real alternatives. Villa Park possibly but logistics not good for that either with thousands likely to end up parked on the M6. Woodison is a dump but I would prefer we draw lots and play it at Anfield or Citeh. Anyway I'm sure some genius at the FA will discover Prenton Park would be available. 

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

FA have royally fucked themselves over this.  If the Toilet is unavailable then no real alternatives. Villa Park possibly but logistics not good for that either with thousands likely to end up parked on the M6. Woodison is a dump but I would prefer we draw lots and play it at Anfield or Citeh. Anyway I'm sure some genius at the FA will discover Prenton Park would be available. 

Just give us a fucking bye to the final. No fucker cares a jot if citeh win it or not.  Problem solved. 

• Upvote 3