You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 21/6/2020

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Sterile domination. We're at risk of being sucker punched. To be fair it's the only way Everton could win because they can't dominate us. We just need to up the tempo and Trent needs to lay off trying to make a passing crossing highlight reel just a touch. Just being picky because I'm nervous as fuck.

Exactly , I could easily see us over committing as frustration creeps in. Everton to be fair have stuck to their obvious game plan and it's working so far . 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I'm gonna sound like a moaner but there's still something missing from this team, was saying it to my uncle when we went out of the champions league.
It feels like everything has got to be perfect for us to score, the runs have got to be timed perfectly, the passes have got to be inch perfect or it all breaks down. So we have to be 100% and keep going and going.
I feel like we need a Torres or a Gerrard still, someone who can just grab the game and score even when everything looks grim.

Agree with need a different number 9 or a Jadon Sancho type that can come in when one of the wingers is out so we keep the width and scoring threat. 

Sancho over Havertz all day long for me. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I'm gonna sound like a moaner but there's still something missing from this team, was saying it to my uncle when we went out of the champions league.
It feels like everything has got to be perfect for us to score, the runs have got to be timed perfectly, the passes have got to be inch perfect or it all breaks down. So we have to be 100% and keep going and going.
I feel like we need a Torres or a Gerrard still, someone who can just grab the game and score even when everything looks grim.

We've won literally everything though, you can never have perfection.

Not saying I don't agree but there's been a minute number of teams who've been able to achieve what we have in the last two seasons.

10 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

It’s like they’ve had three months off or something. 

And we've had to wait three months for this? Cunt them in the bastard in the second half!

1 minute ago, Elite said:

We've won literally everything though, you can never have perfection.

Not saying I don't agree but there's been a minute number of teams who've been able to achieve what we have in the last two seasons.

I don't think any of the modern great sides have had so little depth at their most important positions. We have plenty at CB and CM but the front three and fullbacks there is literally no cover at all. 

None of Jones, Elliot, Minamino have the pace to play in our current system wide 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Minamino's not playing that wide. Henderson has basically been the winger. 

Yes, when in possession. But, he's still the outwide option on transitions. The problem is he's dropping in the same zone as Bobby rather than taking the space opened up by Bobby.