You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Does seem poorly thought out. To remedy this they need to cgi Starmer into that film of the Starfish Hitler and have him beating Starfish Hitler with moderate economic plans and not being Boris kung-fu. His side kick can be Angela Raynor I was too fat to wear this when I was young so damn fucking right I'm wearing it now Woman.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is why he was there. I hope he spends life in prison at the minimum. 

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/starmer-labour-will-work-with-cst-in-new-effort-to-stamp-out-antisemitic-hate/

JN Starmer interview: I will work with CST in ‘new effort’ to halt antisemitic hate

Sir Keir Starmer has pledged a future Labour government would work directly with the Community Security Trust (CST) in a concerted effort to “break the levels” of violent threats, antisemitism, and hate crime in the UK.

Speaking to Jewish News only minutes after he had visited Berlin’s Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe ahead of a meeting with Olaf Scholz, the German chancellor, on Friday, Starmer heaped praise on the work carried out by CST in protecting the UK’s Jewish community from rising antisemitism.

13 hours ago, Hank Moody said:

This is why he was there. I hope he spends life in prison at the minimum. 

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/starmer-labour-will-work-with-cst-in-new-effort-to-stamp-out-antisemitic-hate/

Nobody is complaining about his visit.

Dropping the footage into that video was crass and ill-considered, though. I'm sure someone in his PR team thought it was a good idea, but it wasn't.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nobody is complaining about his visit.

Dropping the footage into that video was crass and ill-considered, though. I'm sure someone in his PR team thought it was a good idea, but it wasn't.

Meh, it's a storm in a teacup. It's what, two seconds? Three? I find stuff like that very difficult to get worked up over. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Gnasher said:

On the subject of union leaders here's a good thread from Fasail Islam interviewing Unites Sharon Graham.

Interesting though not surprising this is Graham's first broadcast interview with the BBC. Democratically elected head of Britain's largest union has been given less air time than Lawrence Fox who came 6th in the London Mayor's elections and lost his deposit (Binface came 5th). Nevertheless Fox was still invited onto a BBC daytime political programme a few weeks ago where he proceeded to talk a bucket load of spunk. 

Graham's refreshing imo because it's clear she 100% believes in what she says and 100$ believes in what she's doing, and polls are showing a large proportion of the country agree with her.

I'm a member of Unite, I've been very impressed with her so far!

15 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

Meh, it's a storm in a teacup. It's what, two seconds? Three? I find stuff like that very difficult to get worked up over. 

You've got to admit, though, it's funny to see Hodge and Smeeth attacking the CAA for using anti-Semitism as a weapon to attack Labour.

12 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm a member of Unite, I've been very impressed with her so far!

I was in a pub opposite the Tony Benn Unite building in Bristol the day she was elected. The Unite staff were in there celebrating her victory. I'd never heard of her (I believe she was the outsider of three) so asked what she's like and they all said she's fantastic and she's going to be a breath of fresh air. 

45 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You've got to admit, though, it's funny to see Hodge and Smeeth attacking the CAA for using anti-Semitism as a weapon to attack Labour.

It's funny seeing centreists pretending not to understand the problem is not him attending but using the site as a political prop. A little like the Tory Brenda's deliberately trying to downplay partygate with 'its was just a bit of cake'

46 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I was in a pub opposite the Tony Benn Unite building in Bristol the day she was elected. The Unite staff were in there celebrating her victory. I'd never heard of her (I believe she was the outsider of three) so asked what she's like and they all said she's fantastic and she's going to be a breath of fresh air. 

I'm less involved with the union these days as I've changed employers (my current employers have a staff committee rather than union recognition, but the new owners do recognise unions!), but I've retained my membership, and I'm glad I have, it's always good to be a member of a union led by somebody who has the tools to do the job properly.

Unions still seem to be a dirty word to a lot of my colleagues in the insurance industry, but they never will be to me.

• Upvote 2

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I really don't find it funny mate. My overriding feeling is that I want the Tories to collapse and have an election. All of this is a fucking distraction. It's shitty seeing those who went out of their way to bash Corbyn now defending it, and it's shitty seeing those who wouldn't hear a bad word said about Corbyn, and he had some much more dubious connections, now trumping this up as if it's any more than a three second clip. It's partizan nonsense from Tory enablers. They're all cunts as far as I see it. 

That said, I'm getting to the point where I might be likely to support a global genocide of about 99.98% of people just because I find them annoying, so... you know, I might not be in the 'it's funny' mood. 

I've not seen any Corbyn supporters weaponising this fuck-up as an excuse to attack Starmer. What I have seen is Starmer being (rightly) criticised for this by the CAA and Hodge & Smeeth contorting themselves to accuse the CAA of weaponising anti-Semitism, which has to produce a wry grin & an eye-roll, at least.

Like you say, though, it's no big deal, really (other than an opportunity to make Labour look like a fit party of government being squandered by a misguided attempt to shoehorn in a subliminal dig at the previous leadership); hopefully Starmer's PR team can learn from the criticism and do better with their subsequent efforts, because fuck knows we need to get the Tories out.

I’m not sure the couple of seconds in that video undermines their fitness for government. They could have done without it but nobody actually gives a fuck about this. Even the criticism isn’t that strong. 

Loads of calls for them to have the whip removed. Twitter is a cesspit and everyone who has ever used it should immediately feed through a wood chipper, I’ll jump in first. 

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Someone in the PR team dropped a bollock. Learn from it and move on. That's all.

They continually drop bollocks. I’ve said it before, he needs to look at the team around him. I also note that little shit, Wes Streeting, has descended 40 fathoms and has gone radio silent.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Someone in the PR team dropped a bollock. Learn from it and move on. That's all.

Yeah, that should be it. That said, Starmer did tweet it didn’t he, so he can’t really claim ignorance it wasn’t there. The idea that there’s anything disrespectful about it seems strange to be, but somebody found it disrespectful, so ‘sorry, no intent, thanks for informing… see ya’. Now, about those Tories. 

• Upvote 2

I remember watching sky news once and the lead story was hodge giving them an exclusive where she ranted and raved about corbyn for about 5 minutes calling him all the cunts under the sun.

Looking back, if senior members of his own party were doing that,its really no surprise 2019 was such a disaster.