You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

6 hours ago, skend04 said:

Kwasi was on Politics Today and apparently it's all the fault of Labour for asking why isn't the provision of PPE happening quicker.

If I was a Labour MP I'd refuse to attend parliament.  What's the fucking point. Let the public see just how the system is broken. 

My speech would be:

"I would love to serve you my constituents but, aside from writing some letters, I really have no more power than you do to change any of your problems.  What you see in parliament is a facade, a con, a lie.  It's a chance for 650 of us to get paid £100,000 a year, plus benefits, while ex-bankers network on your time to set up outside interests that can earn them more.  You will not see me in the chamber and you will not be represented in that place and it's important to get you angry and for you to demand this system changes.  No more political parties, all independent, it's the only way to fix this this grotesque joke of a democracy". 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

That's genuinely amazingly bad. 

Happy to buy PPE made using slave labour, but competing in the Olympics would be beyond the pale:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54441143

It's almost like they don't actually care about racism of any kind, and instead just see it as a rather useful tool to use as and when they need. Also quite interesting to compare the press reaction to this - barely a murmur - and the absolute shitstorm that blew up around Abbott at the wknd.

14 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

International aid isn't it ? The other two wont be far behind though.

The 20quid rise in universal credit due to the pandemic is to be scrapped. Yes international aid and minimum wage will be next 

Edit  Sadly this is probably one of the few times the Express are telling the truth,

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/1361605/universal-credit-uk-Boris-Johnson-uplift-increase-cuts

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

How you think we’re going to defend our fishing waters against The Hun & The Frogs, hey? 

That lack of foresight didn’t see us win two world wars and get our blue passports back! 

The minimum  wage is shockingly low. I've no idea how anybody could survive on it. Imagine being on the minimum wage and you split up with your partner. Find a house to rent and pay for alongside all other costs on your own. A minimum wage should be a genuine living wage no business should seek its profits off the back of exploitation. The cost of living increasing so much over the decades makes the minimum wage ridiculous.

The state shouldn't be subsidising low pay, business should be paying proper wages if the work needs doing. It just seems massively obvious you put more money in the masses pockets, the more they spend, the more tax they pay. Pisses me off when they say small business will struggle so fucking what, if you can't pay someone to do it, do it your fucking self or your business isn't good enough to survive anyway.There's no god given right that as soon as you decide to start your own business you get to exploit cheap labour. Of course their will be job losses but it would correct itself eventually as demand picks up in other areas. Besides as soon as more and more people feel the pinch small business will suffer anyway and job losses will happen. This whole fucking pyramid will collapse because the greed has become too top heavy. Fucking politicians always pandering to  short term greed.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The minimum  wage is shockingly low. I've no idea how anybody could survive on it. Imagine being on the minimum wage and you split up with your partner. Find a house to rent and pay for alongside all other costs on your own. A minimum wage should be a genuine living wage no business should seek its profits off the back of exploitation. The cost of living increasing so much over the decades makes the minimum wage ridiculous.

The state shouldn't be subsidising low pay, business should be paying proper wages if the work needs doing. It just seems massively obvious you put more money in the masses pockets, the more they spend, the more tax they pay. Pisses me off when they say small business will struggle so fucking what, if you can't pay someone to do it, do it your fucking self or your business isn't good enough to survive anyway.There's no god given right that as soon as you decide to start your own business you get to exploit cheap labour. Of course their will be job losses but it would correct itself eventually as demand picks up in other areas. Besides as soon as more and more people feel the pinch small business will suffer anyway and job losses will happen. This whole fucking pyramid will collapse because the greed has become too top heavy. Fucking politicians always pandering to  short term greed.

The term ‘the working poor’ is the most disgusting phrase that’s entered common parlance.

Every time it tips off the tongue of some cunt who’s never wanted, gone to bed hungry, shivered themselves to sleep another pitchfork should be lifted skyward.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

How you think we’re going to defend our fishing waters against The Hun & The Frogs, hey? 

That lack of foresight didn’t see us win two world wars and get our blue passports back! 

I thought this was for gunboats to sink migrant dinghies in the Channel.

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I thought this was for gunboats to sink migrant dinghies in the Channel.

Yeah, that’s being off set against our new ‘Green Revolution’. 

We’ve devised a system, unparalleled, for generating heat.

We harness the power of our ‘Patriots’. They’re are tied to chairs 12hrs a day, giving them a purpose now all the jobs have gone overseas, and make them watch ‘forrins’ integrating, enjoying and prospering in Britain. The resulting volcanic rage’s heat will be fed directly in to the national grid fuelling communities from Watford to Brighton. It will also allow us to rethink Hinckley Point which will become a ‘re-education’ centre for ne’er-do-wells and commies.

For these are the ‘Sunlit Uplands’ of our brave Brexit future, rejoice, Heathen.  

18 hours ago, Gnasher said:

The 20quid rise in universal credit due to the pandemic is to be scrapped. Yes international aid and minimum wage will be next 

Edit  Sadly this is probably one of the few times the Express are telling the truth,

https://www.express.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/1361605/universal-credit-uk-Boris-Johnson-uplift-increase-cuts

It's just sickening! They have to be sociopaths to be comfortable with pulling shit like this off!

Quite why though a secretary of state with ambitions to be top dog would be secretly meeting with Israeli officials including Netanyahu then all of a sudden re-instated after resigning her post when she got found out is quite odd isn't it?? 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/08/priti-patel-forced-to-resign-over-unofficial-meetings-with-israelis