You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think that depends on why they're not serving someone and not who it is. So anyone cannot be served, but your decision for not serving cannot be discriminatory. Once you ask someone why they're not wearing a mask, they refuse to tell you aside from "medically exempt" and then you refuse to serve them, that would be the basis of discrimination - as the individual is entitled to keep their medical issues private. I'm sure you could refuse to serve anyone not wearing a mask, but that would need to include those who are clinically exempt if you require proof of that exemption, not just their word for it. 

Nothing to do with medical issues. Most retail have long had a sign that states 'we have the right to refuse sale to anyone'. This is pre-covid and a matter of fact.

Really don't understand the point you are trying to make?

4 hours ago, A Red said:

As for where you get your information from, I seem to remember you were positive that the Conwy tunnel was being prepared to store the dead bodies of covid victims. Some mate from the council told you and you were savvy enough to believe it and spread it on to this site.

In the end Conwy council decided to use their otherwise unusable HGV unit as a temporary morgue, in the event that it was needed. Which it wasn't.

3 hours ago, Belarus said:

Yeah, there was definitely a chunk of the debate that circulated around that, but also there was back up to that to say that vaccines and immunity within the populations would be doing enough of a job without boosters. 

I don’t think you’re wrong in what you say on this, apart from the fact people should be able to choose. It’s what the western world and democracy is built on. A lot of the anti vaxxers think they are fighting the good fight and looking out for the rest of us in opposing measures and vaccines, the other side think the opposite. At the end of the day, we are pretty much 80% triple jabbed now. The minority that aren’t jabbed won’t all end up in ICU and aren’t the only part of the problem.

If they're a small population and taking up the most ICU space then yeah they are the problem. And in that case most of their arguments, unfortunately for them, are moot. It really just comes down to that; who is taking up the resources.

Also, most people are reasonable in real life and aren't freaking out about having everyone they know get vaccinated. I personally haven't told a single person in my life to get vaccinated. It's on the internet where people get on their soap box, on both sides.

2 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Nothing to do with medical issues. Most retail have long had a sign that states 'we have the right to refuse sale to anyone'. This is pre-covid and a matter of fact.

I'm saying if a retailer asks someone why they're not wearing a mask, they reply "medical reason" and the response to that is "prove it or we won't serve you" it doesn't really matter what the sign says about their right to refuse to serve anyone. You just can't do that with modern discrimination laws. What next "no blacks & Irish"? 

2 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

This is what I am describing. 

https://www.fsb.org.uk/resources-page/face-coverings-what-are-the-rules-for-shop-owners.html

Screenshot_20211231-213229.jpg

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Balancing the impact will be the kicker. Do I as an employer owe a duty of care to my customers - yes. Do I owe one to my employees - yes. Can I legitimately weigh the risk to my employees (and myself) over the right of someone to buy a pint?  Even if the answer is ‘no’ what would the appropriate amount of compo be?  £1 maybe £2? Who’s taking that case on?  

22 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The only way to safely return to some semblance of normality is by vaccinating the population.

There's no fully safe way to return to normality, people are going to die no matter what. Some will die from adverse vaccine reactions, some will die from covid.

A lot of people died every flu season too, I don't remember the howling for vaccinating everyone.

Yes, people dying isn't good, it's a sad fact of life though that we can't escape with things like seasonal viruses.

If you want and eventually get fully as safe as possible with unvaxxed shut out of society and your covid passes and mandates, welcome to authoritarianism.

Don't say we didn't warn you.

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

There's no fully safe way to return to normality, people are going to die no matter what. Some will die from adverse vaccine reactions, some will die from covid.

A lot of people died every flu season too, I don't remember the howling for vaccinating everyone.

Yes, people dying isn't good, it's a sad fact of life though that we can't escape with things like seasonal viruses.

If you want and eventually get fully as safe as possible with unvaxxed shut out of society and your covid passes and mandates, welcome to authoritarianism.

Don't say we didn't warn you.

This false equivalence that 'some may die from covid some may die from the vaccine' like its in anyway close is really disingenuous.

Especially when it's packaged as some sort of Trumpian placating of both sides.

10 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

This false equivalence that 'some may die from covid some may die from the vaccine' like its in anyway close is really disingenuous.

Especially when it's packaged as some sort of Trumpian placating of both sides.

I'm sure if we coerced and mandated everyone into jabs during flu seasons there'd have been less deaths too. Doesn't make it right. They would've at least been more reliable vaccines though.

If you're so obsessed about pushing vaccines on everyone maybe at least try campaigning for a decent traditional-type one instead, there might even be less hesitancy. Covaxin is said to be one of those, it's used in India.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm sure if we coerced and mandated everyone into jabs during flu seasons there'd have been less deaths too. Doesn't make it right. They would've at least been more reliable vaccines though.

If you're so obsessed about pushing vaccines on everyone maybe at least try campaigning for a decent traditional-type one instead, there might even be less hesitancy. Covaxin is said to be one of those, it's used in India.

We send plenty of letters to the vulnerable and those above 50 pushing them to get the flu vaccines, people not considered vulnerable can book at any point and there are posters in most chemists, doctors surgeries on bus stops etc, the flu vaccine is also available for kids. 

People have been restricted from carrying out various duties because they aren't vaccinated (including the flu vaccine) long before COVID 19 but you know that, you just willingly ignore it because it doesn't suit the narrative or flounce off for a few days and then come back to repeat the same bullshit as if we've all got collective amnesia.

8 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

We send plenty of letters to the vulnerable and those above 50 pushing them to get the flu vaccines, people not considered vulnerable can book at any point and there are posters in most chemists, doctors surgeries on bus stops etc, the flu vaccine is also available for kids.

Bingo!

There you go. Push the vaccine on the vulnerable (whilst still leaving them with choice) and leave everyone else to decide themselves. None of it is enforced and life goes on.

13 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Bingo!

There you go. Push the vaccine on the vulnerable (whilst still leaving them with choice) and leave everyone else to decide themselves. None of it is enforced and life goes on.

You've decided not to have it haven't you?