Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 894 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

28 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Will be funny if City get knocked out and Barca are immediately on the blower to him to come back. 

He wouldn't go near them. 

Too much to lose. 

He inherited the bones of a brilliant young side and now would inherit a cluster fuck and not have the millions to spend he's used to

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Do you still think Bayern have no chance against City?

His glass isn't half empty, it's smashed all over his face with shards of glass embedded into his eyeballs.

• Upvote 1

I have been laughing at the British pundits, Ferdinand mostly saying how easy it is to get at this Bayern background. 

Have they watched City lately, especially in Europe where tactical fouls are actually punished

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Do you still think Bayern have no chance against City?

I think they looked open enough for City to have some joy against before Barcelona completely capitulated, but they didn’t panic and looked a lot better after that weird first half-hour. I think City would be favourites against any of the remaining teams, but it was premature of me to say Bayern would have no chance. 

5 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I think City would be favourites against any of the remaining teams, but it was premature of me to say Bayern would have no chance. 

Wrong.

Long way to go in this one but City again finding it hard against athletic teams. Thank fucking god Barcelona didn't get through - that would have been an absolute gimme for City.

They’ll win this one, but you can make a perfectly reasonable argument for sacking Pap if they fail to win the CL this year. Two league titles and a handful of domestic cups in four seasons would represent a poor return on investment given the absurd resources at his disposal.

• Upvote 1

Deepay seems to have grown up a lot while at Lyon from what I've read. Never been to sure about him but he might be worth a look to back up the front three with only 12 months left on his deal. 

Aouar looks quality

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

They’ll win this one, but you can make a perfectly reasonable argument for sacking Pap if they fail to win the CL this year. Two league titles and a handful of domestic cups in four seasons would represent a poor return on investment given the absurd resources at his disposal.

To be fair to him he’s been up against the best manager in the world.  The resources he’s had makes it about even.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He wouldn't go near them. 

Too much to lose. 

He inherited the bones of a brilliant young side and now would inherit a cluster fuck and not have the millions to spend he's used to

Yeah, he'd risk being badly exposed. The only time he'll take on a 'project' is if he has any sort of motivation to continue in management after it goes all Mourinho at one of his future mega clubs.