You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester City Owners helicopter Crash

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Elite said:

You'd have thought that kind of stuff would be showing as a problem on diagnostics but sadly anomalies happen. 

If it's a chopper with a tail rotor and it's in the air when the fault develops, all the diagnostics would need to show is a big red light that says 'YOU'RE FUCKED'.  Tail rotor is there to counteract the torque from the main rotor.  Without it, the fuselage rotates around the main rotor's axis and well, basically you're crashing.

Sky Sports are reporting that Leicester City vice-chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha was also NOT on board the helicopter.

They earlier said Jon Rudkin, the Director of Football at Leicester City was also NOT on board.

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Goes on to also say his son Aiyawatt wasn't at the game.

Interesting, contrary to what Sky Sports are reporting...I guess we won't know for sure until there is an official statement.

6 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Interesting, contrary to what Sky Sports are reporting...I guess we won't know for sure until there is an official statement.

Both Jacobs and Sky Sports have said Aiyawatt wasn't on there, haven't seen Sky mention Vichai yet.  But yes, best to wait for a statement.

10 hours ago, RoboRiise said:

If it's a chopper with a tail rotor and it's in the air when the fault develops, all the diagnostics would need to show is a big red light that says 'YOU'RE FUCKED'.  Tail rotor is there to counteract the torque from the main rotor.  Without it, the fuselage rotates around the main rotor's axis and well, basically you're crashing.

Unless you know how to autorotate, but that would have been difficult from that height anyway. 

1 hour ago, redheart said:

BBC reported that they thought that the manager Puel was on board also

8 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

French media are reporting Puel and his wife NOT on board.

I can't even see where BBC are reporting that he was as it doesn't seem to be on their website. Only that the owner was, according to sources close to the family. Still nothing confirmed.

58 minutes ago, Champ said:

I can’t work out why, besides the football connection, but this has really caught me out

Same. Knocked the stuffing out of me last night. Still feel odd now. The footage of the flames was horrible. Just praying as few people as possible were on-board. Some reports on twitter saying the owner had is daughters with him. Hope to god thats wrong. 

2 hours ago, Champ said:

I can’t work out why, besides the football connection, but this has really caught me out

Me too I was checking the news all night and first thing when I woke up.

Also I have a friend in the town and her two sons were at the game, not that I knew that at the time.

Was watching that PL talk show BT has, the show was from Leicester stadium. They showed the helicopter in the circle ready to take off and then switched to commercial and then when they came back, the 4 people on the looked reaaly shaken and then next it got taken off air because of an evacuation because of the fire. 

Hartson, Sutton, Hargreaves and Humphrey all looked very teary eyed. Very sobering showing. 

1 hour ago, DJLJ said:

Was watching that PL talk show BT has, the show was from Leicester stadium. They showed the helicopter in the circle ready to take off and then switched to commercial and then when they came back, the 4 people on the looked reaaly shaken and then next it got taken off air because of an evacuation because of the fire. 

Hartson, Sutton, Hargreaves and Humphrey all looked very teary eyed. Very sobering showing. 

Fucking hell they had a day of it, first Hoddle collapsing, then present for that!

4 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Unless you know how to autorotate, but that would have been difficult from that height anyway. 

Considering they'd have had to disengage the main rotor from the presumably still functioning engine in order to do it, at very low altitude and in a helicopter that would have been all over the place from the immediate effect of the tail rotor failure, I assumed that was pretty much a non-starter.

7 minutes ago, RoboRiise said:

Considering they'd have had to disengage the main rotor from the presumably still functioning engine in order to do it, at very low altitude and in a helicopter that would have been all over the place from the immediate effect of the tail rotor failure, I assumed that was pretty much a non-starter.

Dropping the collective and pitching down, but yeah the lack of altitude would have made it a real cunt. Especially in that brick of a chopper. 

Some fans speak of the Srivaddhanaprabha’s as like family, having established a bond with the community. As well as aforementioned gestures – namely handing out 60 free season tickets to mark his 60th birthday in April this year – the Thai billionaire has donated £2million towards building a new children’s hospital in Leicester; £1m to the city’s university medical department, £100,000 to the fund to rebury Richard III in 2015 and £23,000 to a fan who was raising money for research into MECP2 syndrome, his son’s rare genetic disorder.

From the Guardian.

• Upvote 1