You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

Lazio sporting director Ighli Tare has confirmed that Wesley Hoedt will be joining Southampton.

Sky sources reported last week that the Saints were in advanced talks to sign the centre-back. Sky in Italy believe the deal is worth £17m.

Tare told Italian broadcaster Premium Sport: “He requested to be transferred. He wants to be a starter in England and will be transferred to Southampton in the near future. He has had a positive experience here in Rome. I wish him all the best."

Sky Sports News understands his arrival would not have implications on the future of Virgil van Dijk. Southampton have consistently maintained Van Dijk is not for sale and have been in the market for a centre-back regardless

I think if he was signing for Chelsea, he would have signed by now. I think there is a reason why City, Arsenal and Chelsea haven't bid for him - and that is because he has said he is singing for us.

As others point out - inviting his mate to a match, is akin to tapping up - and if not Southampton, then you would assume Liverpool would be all over that, if anything to put Southampton on the back foot.

I think a bit of projecting is happening here. Which we all do, I certainly do.

I know what your saying and I been thinking the same thing about why haven't anyone else bid for him or why haven't we had any other solid links to anyone else but the more this rumbles on the more I've started thinking that he'll just think Liverpool aren't worth risking ending up at Southampton for the rest of season and tell Chelsea that he's open to the move.

On the tapping up thing I don't think Chelsea are thick enough to have a paper trail of them inviting him to the game, it'll probably be a low key thing and they won't have their reps telling the papers that he's there as a guest. I honestly can't wait for this window to be shut either way to be honest it's getting so annoying.

Don't worry I believe you. It's all very odd. He might have some setting change or something so you can't comment on it unless he follows you or something so it's hidden them all. I don't know why he'd bother unless he was getting fed up with the notifications.

Why on earth would you get fed up with the same question - thousands of times, for every pictures you post? 

I know what your saying and I been thinking the same thing about why haven't anyone else bid for him or why haven't we had any other solid links to anyone else but the more this rumbles on the more I've started thinking that he'll just think Liverpool aren't worth risking ending up at Southampton for the rest of season and tell Chelsea that he's open to the move.

On the tapping up thing I don't think Chelsea are thick enough to have a paper trail of them inviting him to the game, it'll probably be a low key thing and they won't have their reps telling the papers that he's there as a guest. I honestly can't wait for this window to be shut either way to be honest it's getting so annoying.

He's there on instagram! 

Liverpool don't need proof. We just need to have a quiet word with a few journalists in London that an 'insider at Liverpool'  can't understand why Southampton are happy with Chelsea 'tapping' up the player when they made such a big deal over us. 

Lazio sporting director Ighli Tare has confirmed that Wesley Hoedt will be joining Southampton.

Sky sources reported last week that the Saints were in advanced talks to sign the centre-back. Sky in Italy believe the deal is worth £17m.

Tare told Italian broadcaster Premium Sport: “He requested to be transferred. He wants to be a starter in England and will be transferred to Southampton in the near future. He has had a positive experience here in Rome. I wish him all the best."

Sky Sports News understands his arrival would not have implications on the future of Virgil van Dijk. Southampton have consistently maintained Van Dijk is not for sale and have been in the market for a centre-back regardless

we should trump southampton's offer and seriously piss them off! Just joshing of course.

Apologies for the name calling, I was called a moron for having a different opinion and seen my arse! As for calling Tony, again, I apologise, but his posts are just really tiresome. It's just the same thing over and over. Flashscore, biscuits, yer ma etc etc etc etc etc

To be fair if everyone got stick for being repetitive on here half the forum would be in the red, including me. Understand the frustrations I have them too to a certain degree. As I get older I see it as just a game, far from how I treated it in my youth. More important things to bother me currently.

• Upvote 1

Who are you trying to kid? Yourself?

There's rarely, if ever, a football manager that didn't want to improve his side and squad.

Every manager has his first choices for signings but won't always get them, and at most normal clubs there will be a team of scouts who will come up with alternatives.

If Klopp disagrees with Edwards about the alternatives that is as much FSG's fault as a lack of funds would be.

It's clear that whatever realistic way this lack of transfer activity gets painted, be it the set-up of the club/Edwards role/the transfer committee or it's the owners pocketing the cash, whatever way it's FSG'S fault.

I've no doubt people will turn on Klopp, they'll say he's picking the wrong team, the wrong tactics, not working on the defence etc, but very very few will say he simply didn't want to sign players. That suggestion is laughable and you're embarrassing yourself.

I'm just stating what little activity I'm seeing. I'm not saying FSG are completely blameless, but they gave Rodgers £300m to spend. Why would they not back Klopp for any player that he wanted?

Even if was a case of lack of transfer funds, Klopp if he wanted to add to the squad would be creative like getting in cheap signings or even worst case scenario players brought in on loan.

Didn't bring in a left back last summer. Our squad was left woefully short at the end of the window and it showed several times with teenagers as bench options.

Didn't bring in cover for Mane last January despite saying we were for the months leading up to the transfer window. That was absolutely criminal. Are you telling me he couldn't have brought anyone in on loan??? Title charge and League cup down the fucking toilet because of it.

We are again going to be woefully short of quality this season. If the injuries pile up again, we are fucked.

They did?  I could've sworn they sold Suarez and Sterling, then forced Balotelli and Lambert upon him.

Both of those wanted to leave. Hardly what I call asset stripping.

Did FSG choose Lambert and Balotelli? I think you'll find that's a no. More criminal transfer activity. What fucking idiot thought that was going to work?

Asset selling slick willies. 

See above. 

• Upvote 1

Both of those wanted to leave. Hardly what I call asset stripping.

Did FSG choose Lambert and Balotelli? I think you'll find that's a no. More criminal transfer activity. What fucking idiot thought that was going to work?

See above. 

I didn't call it asset stripping, I called it selling some players.  Not great on nuance, are you?  

We'll sign him as soon as Sakho goes and not before. No way are FSG gonna fork out another 100k pwk+ for another CB while giving Sakho the same just to train with the kids.

Same reason why we never signed a top striker. Sturridge and Ings must be taking over 200k pwk between them and there's no chance another comes in until they go.

If Coutinho goes then expect Keita to come in the following day.

Sell to buy guys

We'll sign him as soon as Sakho goes and not before. No way are FSG gonna fork out another 100k pwk+ for another CB while giving Sakho the same just to train with the kids.

Same reason why we never signed a top striker. Sturridge and Ings must be taking over 200k pwk between them and there's no chance another comes in until they go.

Sell to buy guys

Thanks John

Sell to buy guys

Who went so that we could by Salah?

And how come we actually 'bid' for Keita?