You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge: A man in desperate need of his missing mojo - by Jason Harris

tlw content

I'm still hoping he scores one or two crucial goals for us between now and the end of the season as it could be win-win. Let's say he comes off the bench and turns a draw into three points. It could help us get top four and it could also remind a team or two that he can still make a contribution as a footballer.

That's the outcome I'm hoping for. A key goal or two, helping us and helping himself.

Hard to disagree, I hope for the same. But realistically I think the best way to conserve his market value is not to play him.

Hard to disagree, I hope for the same. But realistically I think the best way to conserve his market value is not to play him.

Market value , who are you kidding mate?

A footballer that doesn't play football is worth squat. He's gone to anyone that will buy out his contract or more likely on loan with us paying most of his wages until it expires. 

Not as though we didn't know he was flaky before he came and he was cheap and available for a reason, One outstanding season playing Robin to Suarez's Batman,

Can't we just put him behind one of the counters at half time selling beer, pies and hot dogs etc ? Or clean the toilets? Help with the ground staff maintaining the pitch?

Wash the kits? We need to try and get some value out of him. I really don't think we are getting our £150k a week's worth out of him.

Just read an article in the telegraph. Explaining that firmino and coutinho are coming back on a private jet. Should be in training tomorrow. Then goes on to say lallana will be out for maybe a month......

..... then i read this statement.

Sturridge isnt expected to make any contribution in the coming weeks.....

What the fuck is going on. What sort of a statement is that, no word of an injury or illness, no timescale on his return.

Has he fell out with klopp and refusing to play, has he spewed football altogether for a while.

He had a virus over 6 weeks ago and then nothing. Something is going on behind the scenes with him, its like he's disappeared off the planet.

Just read an article in the telegraph. Explaining that firmino and coutinho are coming back on a private jet. Should be in training tomorrow. Then goes on to say lallana will be out for maybe a month......

..... then i read this statement.

Sturridge isnt expected to make any contribution in the coming weeks.....

What the fuck is going on. What sort of a statement is that, no word of an injury or illness, no timescale on his return.

Has he fell out with klopp and refusing to play, has he spewed football altogether for a while.

He had a virus over 6 weeks ago and then nothing. Something is going on behind the scenes with him, its like he's disappeared off the planet.

Got a hip injury is the official claim.

Fuck him anyway - consider him no longer an LFC player.

He's probably thinking that why should he race to get fit when he won't play. Better to do a proper rehab,ha,and a proper pre season with his new club in the summer. Its a great shame but it's hopefully the end of us hating him for having a body made out of spit and cleanex!

I suspect the first time he kicks the ball he will get a broken toenail and will be ruled out for the rest of the season.

There is more chance of me appearing against Everton than Daniel Sturridge. And I don't think I will be appearing against Everton any time soon.

Having lunch in Mayfair last week- plenty of oily fish to help keep the joints supple no doubt 

3E8EA14A00000578-4342732-image-a-37_1490

Photobombed by a top-hatted doll. Cool as fuck.