You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yaya.

liverpoolsno9

So how did he "unintentionally" consume alcohol?? I'm confused

The BBC report said that he had been drinking coke at some celebration and didnt realise it had brandy in it. And as a teetotaller you never noticed that you were feeling a bit 'odd' before you got behind the wheel of your car? Yeah, right, Mr Toure

The BBC report said that he had been drinking coke at some celebration and didnt realise it had brandy in it. And as a teetotaller you never noticed that you were feeling a bit 'odd' before you got behind the wheel of your car? Yeah, right, Mr Toure

How many glasses of the 'odd tasting' coke did he drink! This scores a maximum on the bullshit meter.

My wife sells fudge & toffee & I have noted that amongst the fudge flavours are Baileys, Jack Daniels, Tia Maria & Rum / Raisin.

I am sure that ' Mr Loophole ' solicitor guy is always looking for bullshit excuses for his footballer clients, so I may sell him the new ' mouthwash ' defence.

I am going to get unintentionally pissed on numerous occassions over the christmas holidays. All I have to do is quote this legal precedence to the wife and all is fine.

I'm more interested in the means-tested fine.

ROTOQ, you have been found guilty. The means tested fine has been calculated and you must pay....oh...this is unusual. We owe you £342.67.

• Upvote 2

Sounds to me like the District Judge was being diplomatic.

On Monday at Barkingside Magistrates' Court District Judge Gary Lucie said: 'You say you were at a party and thought you were drinking Diet Coke but you accepted it tasted different to how it usually does.

'In fact you were drinking brandy and coke.

'It appears to me that whilst you may not have knowingly consumed alcohol it should have been clear to you that you were in fact drinking alcohol at some point before you took the decision to drive.

Why is everyone cracking on like there's anything confusing about this? He says he drank something he thought was non-alcoholic. Whether you believe him or not, it's hardly a mind-twisting mystery, is it.

Enough to put you over the limit? Without tasting the alcohol? I rarely drink and if someone handed me a vodka and coke I could smell the vodka before I got to drink it.

I tried some Diet Coke once and I can verify the case for the defence.

I was at a wedding a while back and when we were given our welcome drink of champagne, a few people were pulling a face, saying it tasted funny.  I'm not fussy, so I necked theirs as well as my own.  I soon realised the reason it tasted funny was because it had a nip of brandy in it.

Not a bad kickstart to the day.

Enough to put you over the limit? Without tasting the alcohol? I rarely drink and if someone handed me a vodka and coke I could smell the vodka before I got to drink it.

I'm not saying I believe him, as such, I just don't get why people are saying "How is that possible?" instead of "Bollocks, Yaya!"