You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Jess Philips seems to be getting a lot of press. Is she any good?  

She's an appalling cunt. She belongs in the Gimp XI.  

She gets a fair bit of airtime because she hates Corbyn and she does the "telling it like it is" schtick.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

They can vote for bananas to be blue if they like. Won’t matter. Only time they did have relevance they sold the Post Office and introduced tuition fees.

In fairness, New Labour introduced tuition fees; the Lib Dems tripled them (having first pledged to bin them).

13 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

She's an appalling cunt. She belongs in the Gimp XI.  

She gets a fair bit of airtime because she hates Corbyn and she does the "telling it like it is" schtick.

So apart from hating Corbyn what has she done?  

Don’t feed the troll.

You’re telling me the Tory cunt who spends night and day obsessing over Labour like an Everton fan over Liverpool, who seems to know the inner workings of the party, it’s elections, rulebook etc doesn’t know who Jess Phillips is?  Jesus fucking Christ.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

38 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Don’t feed the troll.

You’re telling me the Tory cunt who spends night and day obsessing over Labour like an Everton fan over Liverpool, who seems to know the inner workings of the party, it’s elections, rulebook etc doesn’t know who Jess Phillips is?  Jesus fucking Christ.

Ha, tetchy today aren’t you. Defensive almost. 

She’s done an interview in the Times today and has been getting shit for it. Although she seems popular with some people I follow.  

11 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Nothing.

Apart from working against the Labour Party she has literally done nothing.

So there’s no reason for me know who she is then?  You’d better tell the Guest once he’s stopped hyperventilating. 

14 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ha, tetchy today aren’t you. Defensive almost. 

She’s done an interview in the Times today and has been getting shit for it. Although she seems popular with some people I follow.  

I guess you follow a lot of cunts, so not really much of a surprise there

• Like 1

Interesting piece by Peter Oborne about Dangerous Hero.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/tom-bower-book-dangerous-hero-jeremy-corbyn-labour-leader-truth

Bear in mind that Tom Bower’s book is not just intellectually dishonest, it is a farrago of falsehood and insinuation. 

Yet it appears to have had no difficulty finding a mainstream publisher, while receiving a generous reception in the mainstream press...

I have frequently criticised Jeremy Corbyn. Middle East Eye readers will know that I think he has serious questions to answer about anti-semitism. I have never made a secret of my Tory sympathies.

But I do believe in fairness. Are British journalists allowing hostility to Corbyn to get in the way of telling the truth? Has there been a balanced discussion of the anti-semitism claims against Corbyn’s Labour? The warm reception for Tom Bower’s ugly hatchet job on the leader of the opposition suggests that something has gone badly wrong with British public life.

• Upvote 1

You don't even keep a few extra quid in your pocket. My income tax went down but everything else went up by far more. Along side a loss of working rights with tribunals and legal aid. That Bellend MP Nigel Evans who voted to cut legal aid and then had to spend his life savings defending himself in court and then changed his mind about the cuts and he wasn't the only one. Self interested with no thoughts to the consequences of their actions. Don't get me wrong everyone is allowed to change their mind especially when the facts hit home, but they just don't hit home often enough and too the right people.

• Upvote 1

On 09/03/2019 at 03:03, A Red said:

I will trust the leader/party that offers the least chance of chaos and high taxation, in other words doesnt rock my boat too much. No problem with increased taxation - big on super rich, small on me.

too busy worrying about your boat being rocked to notice the riverbed is silted and the water is shallow enough to wade in

11 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Interesting piece by Peter Oborne about Dangerous Hero.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/tom-bower-book-dangerous-hero-jeremy-corbyn-labour-leader-truth

Bear in mind that Tom Bower’s book is not just intellectually dishonest, it is a farrago of falsehood and insinuation. 

Yet it appears to have had no difficulty finding a mainstream publisher, while receiving a generous reception in the mainstream press...

I have frequently criticised Jeremy Corbyn. Middle East Eye readers will know that I think he has serious questions to answer about anti-semitism. I have never made a secret of my Tory sympathies.

But I do believe in fairness. Are British journalists allowing hostility to Corbyn to get in the way of telling the truth? Has there been a balanced discussion of the anti-semitism claims against Corbyn’s Labour? The warm reception for Tom Bower’s ugly hatchet job on the leader of the opposition suggests that something has gone badly wrong with British public life.

Very interesting read that article. Cheers