You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

If we do sell Benteke for the fee quoted, then our net spend this summer is essentially zero.TV money being trousered then, I take it.

and not only the TV money, but also part of the Mane fee which was returned under the table to the fraudsters.

I don't care if we have a -£30m net spend this summer.

It's about improving the squad and getting the players Klopp wants, not spending big money for the sake of it.

We can't attract the best, without Champs League football.

I'd rather save funds, when we can attract the best, when Klopp gets us in the Champs League, than overspend on players who aren't at the level required or for the sake of just having a positive net spend.

Not arsed at how much we spend, I care only about who we bring in.

It's about improving the squad and getting the players Klopp wants, not spending big money for the sake of it.

I'd rather save funds, when we can attract the best, when Klopp gets us in the Champs League, than overspend on players who aren't at the level required or for the sake of just having a positive net spend.

You are never arsed. They've stolen everything and you still can't be bothered. Shite.

We couldn't attract the players when we were in the champions league.
  • Upvote 1

You are never arsed. They've stolen everything and you still can't be bothered. Shite.

I was arsed when we couldn't attract the top players when we had Champs League Football.

Brendan Rodgers couldn't.

I'd like to think & hope Klopp has a greater pull.

• Upvote 1

But we didn't even try to attract a top player. When we finished second a couple seasons ago we made sure that we sold our best player, Suarez and bought a pile of shite from Southampton, plus Balotelli.

That's the kind of football Club the yank parasites have turned LFC into.

• Upvote 2

But we didn't even try to attract a top player. When we finished second a couple seasons ago we made sure that we sold our best player, Suarez and bought a pile of shite from Southampton, plus Balotelli.

That's the kind of football Club the yank parasites have turned LFC into.

We tried to get Sanchez, that was clear.

We didn't get him, which was worrying.  But he was clearly the main target.

Getting rid of Suarez and replacing him with Lambert and Balotelli was disgraceful.  

We tried to get Sanchez, that was clear.

We didn't get him, which was worrying.  But he was clearly the main target.

Getting rid of Suarez and replacing him with Lambert and Balotelli was disgraceful.

fair enough.

July 1st, still looking.. You'd think we'd have at least a list knocked up.

wanyama is off the list now he's joined Spurs who else do Southampton have that plays CM I'm pretty sure their on the list.

Bit surprised we haven't seen more rumours of who this is likely to be.

The links to Dahoud are clear, but it is just about as clear that Monchengladbach aren't likely to sell.  They have no need to, financially, and surely after letting Xhaka leave they won't let him go for anything less than 35m or so (surely more than he's worth).

So you'd imagine we have a plan B, but it's been kept very carefully under wraps.  There were whispers of Witsel, but he's now meant to be off to Everton (again, for more money than he's worth).  Any ideas who else we might be/should be looking at?

I'm surprised we haven't seen any links to Leon Goretzka.  Young, German, quick, strong, plays that box-to-box style that Klopp seems to like (as opposed to someone like Geis, who plays behind him, who could be another option).  Available for the kind of fee we'd be offering for Dahoud (25m-ish) , and might be more ready as a player.

Or we could rekindle things for Ruben Neves, maybe a bit too young to slot right in but headed for the top of the game if he fulfills his potential.  Or possibly a wildcard like Bazoer?  You can always buy players from Ajax and though the Eredivisie isn't what it used to be he moves and plays in the Pogba mould, could be had for probably 25m or less.

Anyway, I'm not saying we'll definitely be after one of these players, I'm just surprised that the club has managed to keep the alternate midfield targets out of the press as well as they have.

We do know for a fact Klopp rates Goretzka as he tried to sign him for Dortmund before he opted for Schalke instead. He would be the best alternative for me if we can't get Dahoud. Really think he's an exceptional talent in the making. Kovacic would also be a decent option but doesn't look like we are interested in him. All three would provide excellent links between Can and Firmino, which is what Klopp seems to be going for.

Wouldn't mind Ruben Neves or Bazoer though, but it's debatable whether they would be guaranteed starters. Ruben Neves seems to be behind Hector Herrera and Danilo in the pecking order at Porto, so not sure if he would start here while Bazoer is a huge talent but still a bit raw. 

There are quite a few decent midfielders out there though. Jorginho is an excellent player at Napoli but doubt they would be willing to sell. Nice has a couple of decent young midfielders in Seri and Koziello who could potentially follow Kante's footsteps. Davy Propper, Illarramendi, Moutinho and Kwado Asamoah are also all decent options as well. Will definitely be interesting to see who our alternative to Dahoud will be.

• Upvote 1

And when we do have Champions League football, we elect not to buy the best.

We tried. No one really knows why Sanchez chose Arsenal over us - Money, location etc.

Lots of different theories, but nothing definite.