You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

Meh.

When it was supposedly 150k/week for 4 years, it was an awful deal for LFC.  Now that it's 110k/week for 3 years, with an option for a fourth that I doubt we'll take, it's a slightly poor deal but one that's understandable in the current climate.

He'll be worth it this year, maybe next, and then be overpaid for a year.  The option is a good idea, in case he's doing well we can exercise it and then sell him on.  I predict he's here for this year, next season and then in the summer of 2018 or maybe January 2019 he gets moved on at age 30 when we get a half-decent offer (10-15m?) with 18 months left on his deal.

Good player, will be really handy next season when I suspect he won't be first choice but will be great depth to have in the squad.  The only question is his aging curve, and that will ultimately determine whether this is a good deal for us or not.

Good player, will be really handy next season when I suspect he won't be first choice but will be great depth to have in the squad. The only question is his aging curve, and that will ultimately determine whether this is a good deal for us or not.

I can't see him not being first choice again next season. Klopp rates him very highly.

Nah I just don't feel that arsed about the deal. Better to secure our best players, but I still don't think our best players are particularly special.

Very much this, we have now become more that the sum of our parts. Add a few more very good players in and we might actually be consistent. What this team could do with a Macmanaman or Barnes type of player.

So you question Klopp's judgement.

Its more of a business decision to tie a player to a longer term contract. As others have said, we are a team who are much better than the sum of our parts. This also means that we could probably sell any one of a dozen or so players and it wouldnt make a big difference provided our manager replaced them with somebody similar. Sign of a good manager,or a pretty thin squad,however you choose to view it.

Nah I just don't feel that arsed about the deal. Better to secure our best players, but I still don't think our best players are particularly special.

Well its Klopp who is securing them. But its interesting that Shankly \ Paisely \ Fagan etc ethos of not needing super star players is now giving way to the idea we need 'special' players.

Its more of a business decision to tie a player to a longer term contract. As others have said, we are a team who are much better than the sum of our parts. This also means that we could probably sell any one of a dozen or so players and it wouldnt make a big difference provided our manager replaced them with somebody similar. Sign of a good manager,or a pretty thin squad,however you choose to view it.

People need to look back at our title winning sides. All of them could be said to be teams who are much better than the sum of their parts.

So you question Klopp's judgement.

Yes. Too fucking right I do.

I question everyone's judgement.

Why would any manager be given carte blanche to sign absolute dogshit or hand out completely underserved contracts without ever being questioned? (That's not what I've suggested has happened here).

I was a big Ged fan at the time but was pissed off we bought Heskey. Pissed off he bought Kewell and then played him on the right on his debut. Pissed off he kept playing Murphy. Pissed off he brought in Litmanan and then didn't use him enough.

I was a big Rafa fan at the time but was pissed off he brought in Keane. Pissed off he didn't put Sami in the CL squad. Pissed off he bought Pennant. Pissed off he started Kewell over Hamman in 05.

I was a big Kenny fan at the time but was pissed off he bought Carroll. Pissed off he bought Downing. Pissed off he bought Adam. Pissed off he persevered with the 3 of them. Pissed off those 3 shit cunts didn't repay his faith in them and ultimately cost him his job.

I'm a massive fan of Klopp. I'm pissed off he didn't strengthen the first team further in the summer. I'm pissed off he didn't strengthen the squad further in the summer. I'm pissed off he didn't strengthen the first team in January. I'm pissed off he didn't strengthen the squad in January. I'm pissed off he doesn't want players or staff touching the 'This is Anfield' sign as they all walk out just before a game.

What I don't think you can comprehend is you can support the manager and question, disagree and even think some of his decisions are batshit crazy.

You try to make out questioning the manager is not okay, is wrong, means your opinion on here is worth less.

I'll tell you, accepting anything and everything a manager says and does as gospel, and, never questioning it is exactly why we've gone so fucking long without winning the title.

But you carry on with your FSG fanboy agenda and try to make pathetic little jibes.

• Upvote 5