You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst of the TLW Era - YOU decide: Left backs

tlw content

Agree with John. Konchesky was terribly average but his association with Hodgson combined with his big mouth ma make people hate him more then his performances warranted.

Dossena comfortably the worst for me, especially as we paid £7m for him and I hoped he'd be good.

Ziege was gash too. The laziest player I can recall seeing for us.

I don´t understand people going easy on Konchesky just because he wasn´t expected to be good.

We no, he wasn´t, but the poll isn´t on most disappointing or most overrated players, it´s on the worst to play for us during a certain period. And Konchesky was very very bad, worse than any of the other players on the list. The fact that he was never expected to be good doesn´t really factor in for me.

In one. Fucking car crash of a player.

Spoiled for choice here - Vignal, Traore and Insua didn't even make the cut!

I honestly can't recall much about Ziege, so I can't vote for him.

The Doss was only pretending to be poo, to add a comic gloss to a tremendous week.  He's too cuddly to be voted the worst of anything, the fat little teddy bear.

I'm baffled by the suggestion that Cissokho ever tried anything.  If I must remember him, I remember me screaming at him as he took a throw-in then stood there, off the pitch, waiting to see what would happen.  GET INVOLVED AND MAKE STUFF HAPPEN, YOU USELESS LAZY CUNT!!

And yet.... there is only one Paul Konchesky.  He was, is and ever shall be completely fucking shit.  This may be the only time we can call him a winner.

Spoiled for choice here - Vignal, Traore and Insua didn't even make the cut!

I honestly can't recall much about Ziege, so I can't vote for him.

The Doss was only pretending to be poo, to add a comic gloss to a tremendous week. He's too cuddly to be voted the worst of anything, the fat little teddy bear.

I'm baffled by the suggestion that Cissokho ever tried anything. If I must remember him, I remember me screaming at him as he took a throw-in then stood there, off the pitch, waiting to see what would happen. GET INVOLVED AND MAKE STUFF HAPPEN, YOU USELESS LAZY CUNT!!

And yet.... there is only one Paul Konchesky. He was, is and ever shall be completely fucking shit. This may be the only time we can call him a winner.

To be fair, Konchesky very nearly won West Ham the FA Cup!

He should never have played for us, but he was/is a competent lower echelons of the Premier League/Championship fullback.

I don't agree that the lad is a cunt, he spoke relatively well and was never disrespectful. It's not his fault that his mother is a thick twat.

• Upvote 1

P-Kon

Cissokho had a run of looking reasonably competent at the end of last season. Ziege is a cut above these. 

I remember it differently, i remember Cissokho being replaced at left back by Flanagan at the end of the season and then we started to look competent. Cissokho was so bad that i actually thought i'd missed the boat on becoming a professional footballer.

He did two things 1. stand on the line and wait for Sakho to pass to him and 2. pass the ball back to Sakho immediately. That was what his role was reduced too because we literally couldn't risk him doing anything else.

The way he'd wait an absolute age to throw the ball on throw ins as well used to do my head in, and he never threw to any of the players in space, he'd always launch it forward to lose possession every time, in the words of Klopp "it was so shit".

• Upvote 1