You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Jesus. This is the first time I’ve watched him speak. He’s just waffling. Did anyone actually write a speech for him. Did he learn it. It’s just waffle. It’s embarrassing.

I think he's slowly learning there's a difference between being in charge and being a professional shit-stirer. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Anubis said:

So, the most important line there was that Boris would rather be dead in a ditch than go to Brussels and ask for an extension. Ditch it is then....

Yet he claimed ongoing discussions were looking good and he was confident of getting an improved deal.....the cunt is an obsessive liar. He's a Hypocrite as far as removing the whip went against his own MP's. Despite all of this, the media still give Corbyn all the heat. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I forgot to add. He's just playing up to the right wing bastards who desperately want a No Deal Brexit, he doesn't want to be attached to things outside that scenario. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ditched the Tories and joined the likes of the Brexit party, especially as he's tearing the Tory party apart. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yet he claimed ongoing discussions were looking good and he was confident of getting an improved deal.....the cunt is an obsessive liar. He's a Hypocrite as far as removing the whip went against his own MP's. Despite all of this, the media still give Corbyn all the heat. 

Sky have a guy called Broch on from the EU saying nobody from Johnson’s government has been to Brussels and put any proposals forward and that there are no negotiations. Johnson just blatantly lying through his teeth.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Anubis said:

Sky have a guy called Broch on from the EU saying nobody from Johnson’s government has been to Brussels and put any proposals forward and that there are no negotiations. Johnson just blatantly lying through his teeth.

It has been mentioned by plenty over the last few days mate. He is just using his visits to Merkel and Macron as an excuse to spout bollocks. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I think Johnson will resign if he has to seek an extension. Been rumours today this may coming.

I'd feel sorry.......

For the puppy, not a great start to life having to move homes so quickly. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Mogg confirming his membership of The Dishonourable Order Of Gobshites.

BMA labels Rees-Mogg 'disgraceful' after he smears doctor who has warned about no-deal Brexit

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the leader of the Commons, has been strongly criticised for using parliamentary privilege to attack the reputation of a doctor who has warned about the dangers of a no-deal Brexit.

On Monday Rees-Mogg was involved in a row on his LBC phone-in with David Nicholl, a consultant neurologist drew up a risk register of epilepsy and neurology drugs for the government’s Operation Yellowhammer plans for no deal. Rees-Mogg said he did not accept Nicholl’s claim that people could die because of drug shortages in the event of a no-deal Brexit. Nicholl subsequently described the MP as an ignorant “muppet”.

Today Rees-Mogg resumed the dispute at business questions, comparing Nicholl to Andrew Wakefield, the doctor whose discredited research linking autism to the MMR vaccine has been blamed for vaccination levels falling, putting lives at risk.

Rees-Mogg told MPs:

In response, the SNP MP Carol Monaghansaid Rees-Mogg’s comment suggested the government wanted to cause “reputational damage to experts such as Dr David Nicholl who dare to challenge the government or indeed raise legitimate concerns about the impact of no-deal?” 

Jonathan Ashworth, the shadow health secretary, said Rees-Mogg’s comments wereoffensive, irresponsible [and] shameful”.

Jonathan Ashworth (@JonAshworth)

Offensive, irresponsible, shameful garbage from Jacob Rees Mogg. He should have the decency and courtesy to withdraw & apologise. https://t.co/9JCXX9QIIy

September 5, 2019

Alistair Burt, a former health minister who had the Tory whip withdrawn on Tuesday after he voted against the government, described Rees-Mogg’s comment as “sheer irrationality”.

Alistair Burt (@AlistairBurtUK)

As a former Minister fully aware of the worldwide risks to health security from Wakefield’s anti-vax consequences, I am distressed such a comparison could come from a Government Minister in the U.K. The Brexit obsession is giving rise to sheer irrationality. https://t.co/aMRxHN3kqX

September 5, 2019

The BMA said Rees-Mogg’s comment was “disgraceful”.

The BMA (@TheBMA)

.@Jacob_Rees_Mogg insult about Dr David Nicholl is disgraceful. @djnichollhas courage and experience to speak the truth about the disaster of a no-deal Brexit. He should be praised not attacked https://t.co/oSDE3n5UW9

September 5, 2019

In a tweet Nicholl himself said Rees-Mogg’s comment was defamatory.

Dr David Nicholl, Esq (@djnicholl)

A statement was made by a govt minister this am which I believe 2 be defamatory but is protected by Parliam privilege.
I am currently catching train 2 London 2 speak to @bbcpm Im happy 2 speak to any other legitimate journo on College Green afterwards.Apologies 2 my dentist.

September 5, 2019

Up

I shouldn't be surprised but that is low. They can throw a neurologist under a bus without a second thought evil cunts. 

Guest Pistonbroke

If Johnson did resign, where would that leave things? Would it just lead to yet another Tory leadership battle or would there have to be a GE due to the working majority being in the -

Plus what would it mean to the deadline date of 31st of October, bearing in mind that the No Deal scenario is basically dead. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I wouldn't be to sure about that, Johnson is fucking hopeless. If anything the LD and Brexit party would take seats off both labour and the Conservatives. You'd probably be looking at coalitions again for any party to get a working majority. A lot would depend on if the LD's would be prepared to join Labour. Imagine a coalition between the Tories/Brexit party and DUP, Jesus. The UK is fucked enough, a coalition like that would lead to all kinds of trouble/unrest. 

33 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

If Johnson did resign, where would that leave things? Would it just lead to yet another Tory leadership battle or would there have to be a GE due to the working majority being in the -

Plus what would it mean to the deadline date of 31st of October, bearing in mind that the No Deal scenario is basically dead. 

If he resigns the Supreme Court would instruct Liddlington to go to the EU and secure the extension. 

If Corbyn holds his nerve and resists the dirty tricks to goad him into accepting an Oct date then I think it's likely now.

Alternatively we could find the blaoted lying douche bag dead in a ditch which would get my vote

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Anyone else noticed a massive influx of Brexit supporting gobshites on Twitter lately. Every mention I see is absolutely inundated with them. I mean, look at this whopper I’ve just noticed. It can’t be a real person.

8237A054-CC2B-490D-B894-CF0EC85E17C6.png

Loads of their type about, hard to tell these days between Trolls/Mongs and just utter bell ends.