You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Years on and your ex-wife might still be able to take you to the financial cleaners....

melons

There's nothing in that article that explains why they split up. She could have had an affair, or just been a right cunt to live with. There's nothing that sheds light on whether he tried to get take the child with him, or get custody afterwards, or maintain a relationship with the child. He could have tried all three but as anyone who has a met a women before will tell you, they can be right cunts when you break up with them and often think nothing of using the child to make you suffer. Not saying that's what happened, but not saying it didn't happen either, but don't let that stop you stereotyping absent fathers as feckless twats who stroll off not giving a shit about their kids,eh? It might have just got to the point when trying to do the right thing became pretty much impossible because he made the all too common mistake of sticking his dick into to a right cunt. I've not read anything that said she is desperate for him to play an active part in his child's life yet. I've read plenty about her wanting his fucking cash though. Worraslag.

There's no such thing as a fault divorce anymore so it doesn't matter.

As I understand it the ruling just gives her the right to try and obtain a settlement, she could have her application rejected and get nothing.

As a principle I think it shows he should have completed the divorce process. It didn't matter when he was a hippy but now he's a serious business man it's bitten him on the arse.

There's nothing in that article that explains why they split up. She could have had an affair, or just been a right cunt to live with. There's nothing that sheds light on whether he tried to get take the child with him, or get custody afterwards, or maintain a relationship with the child. He could have tried all three but as anyone who has a met a women before will tell you, they can be right cunts when you break up with them and often think nothing of using the child to make you suffer. Not saying that's what happened, but not saying it didn't happen either, but don't let that stop you stereotyping absent fathers as feckless twats who stroll off not giving a shit about their kids,eh? It might have just got to the point when trying to do the right thing became pretty much impossible because he made the all too common mistake of sticking his dick into to a right cunt. I've not read anything that said she is desperate for him to play an active part in his child's life yet. I've read plenty about her wanting his fucking cash though. Worraslag.

Ha, don't even think of trying that one on me. I'm with a man who has to fight and get court orders on a regular basis, we're currently paying of around 8k in legal bills for court orders in regard to contact. The divorce being a separate matter and already paid. The thing is, it won't stop there either. She'll see her arse again and try and drag us back to court for a third time. We've already had two court orders in two years that she refuses to comply with. Indeed I am party to both ends of the stick having an ex husband. Does that mean Mr Melons shouldn't pay child support? Does it fuck.Does that mean we fuck off and abandon them because she's a bitch? No it doesn't. If anything, it means we make ourselves even more available to them. 

I understand why dads walk, jeeze, this woman is a nightmare, but what about the mess those kids are going to be in the future? How can anybody say to a child that comes knocking years down the line - yeah, i couldn't deal with your mum so I left you to it. 

Doing the right thing, be it having a twatty on with the ex does not include not paying to support your kid. No matter what the reasons behind the separation, there is no excuse for not helping out when you can. If you couldn't afford it back then, but are in a better position to do so in the future, then you should do it.  Even if it is after the fact. 

He does claim that he paid her a settlement 20 years ago. 

Conveniently he has no record of this and she also denies it happened. There wasn't even evidence from the CSA - for a business man, he's a bit of a knob... an older article, 

The U.K.’s Supreme Court heard arguments Monday in a case that some say could have far-reaching consequences for individuals who get rich after they divorce their spouses. 

The Daily Mail reports that Kathleen Wyatt claims she feared her ex-husband, Dale Vince, would “become violent” after she went to him years ago asking for money to help support her children. 

Wyatt married Vince in 1981 when the two were reportedly penniless and traveling England while living on state benefits. The couple had one child while they were married, and Vince helped to support Wyatt’s other child from a previous relationship. The hippie-like couple divorced in 1992, still broke. After the divorce, Vince lived for a time in an old ambulance powered by a home-made wind turbine. 

He went on, though, to found Ecotricity, one of the U.K.’s largest green energy companies, which is estimated to be worth about $140 million, according to the Financial Times

Vince is said to have a personal net worth exceeding $160 million. He lives, with his new wife and their young child, in a roughly $4 million estate. 

Wyatt, now 55, says she is so poor she has to travel by bus and occasionally sleeps in the bus station. 

She said she went to Vince in the early 1990s for money but was “fobbed off.” 

“He said he could not help because his business was too much of a strain on his resources,” Wyatt said. "I didn’t know what to do, so in 1995 I contacted the Child Support Agency."

That was the same year Vince founded Ecotricity. 

But investigations into his personal finances caused Vince to become “abusive” according to Wyatt. That was why, she says, she dropped the claim. 

Philip Cayford, who is representing Wyatt before the court, said Vince repeatedly denied her pleas for help, even though his finances improved significantly in 1997. 

“All the way through the 1990s and 2000s, she was clearly asking for assistance,” Cayford said. "It’s a sorry state that … in 2007 when the business was clearly flying … she wasn’t receiving a penny, and was having to borrow money from her son."

Wyatt began another relationship in 1993 and had two more children. She has since split from that partner, and he is reportedly not supporting her financially. 

Last year, a family judge threw Wyatt’s case out of court, saying she waited far too long to ask for assistance from Vince. 

“This case should not have been struck out,” Cayford told the high court Monday. "We say the Court of Appeal, with the greatest respect, got this wrong."

Arguments in the case are expected to conclude later this week. It is unclear when the judges will render an opinion.

So in theory when he had started to make a fortune in the 90's, his son, still qualified for child support. That he didn't pay, or rather has no evidence of paying. 

She's not got a great track record with men, mind. 

Doing the right thing, be it having a twatty on with the ex does not include not paying to support your kid. No matter what the reasons behind the separation, there is no excuse for not helping out when you can. If you couldn't afford it back then, but are in a better position to do so in the future, then you should do it.  Even if it is after the fact. 

This isn't about the kid, Melons.  This is about a greedy cunt eyeballing her ex's fortune with her hand out.   This isn't about paying child support, either.  I'm sure if the kid call his da, and said, "Any chance you can pay for University for me?" He'd likely do it with the wealth at his disposal.  Don't try to suddenly make it about the kids.  She's 55.  The kid is an adult.  This is a fast n' quick moneygrab.

I'm not saying you haven't had a hard time; nor am I suggesting your ex isn't a twat.   I am saying this is fucking outrageous.  He's given her an agreed settlement(even if he didn't! it's been 30 years), and now she's back for more.  

I let them stay the night.

On the couch.

haha who am I kidding. I've bought a house with mine, will more than likely marry her and have kids and its highly likely that she will fuck me over for everything I own (skinny jean collection included) and I will be on here complaining that I didn't head the warnings.

I don't own a pair of skinny jeans.

• Upvote 1

On the couch.

haha who am I kidding. I've bought a house with mine, will more than likely marry her and have kids and its highly likely that she will fuck me over for everything I own (skinny jean collection included) and I will be on here complaining that I didn't head the warnings.

I'd say its fucking inevitable mate. Theres already photographic evidence that she looked at you like she wanted to feed you into a woodchipper feet first for the heinous crime of taking a selfie in the car. Bob on to end in disaster.

Good luck and all that, though.

This isn't about the kid, Melons.  This is about a greedy cunt eyeballing her ex's fortune with her hand out.   This isn't about paying child support, either.  I'm sure if the kid call his da, and said, "Any chance you can pay for University for me?" He'd likely do it with the wealth at his disposal.  Don't try to suddenly make it about the kids.  She's 55.  The kid is an adult.  This is a fast n' quick moneygrab.

I'm not saying you haven't had a hard time; nor am I suggesting your ex isn't a twat.   I am saying this is fucking outrageous.  He's given her an agreed settlement(even if he didn't! it's been 30 years), and now she's back for more.  

20 years, and there is no evidence of the settlement, I find this a bit daft given he's supposed to be worth a mint. Common sense would say to keep evidence of such. 

It is a money grab, I'm not disagreeing with pretty much anything you've wrote - other than the fact she covered all the outgoings for raising the child, not him. Him handing some cash back shouldn't be an issue even if the kid is an adult now. 

The CSA can claim back to a date and no matter how much time has passed that money is still owed to the parent with care. They didn't use the CSA or keep records of any funds changing hands. Their fuck up. He still owes her maintenance, it doesn't matter that the kids older and no longer needs it. It's her the money is owed too, not the child. This is another thing that really fucks me off, every penny of my wages goes on this house and my kids (and my step kids when they're here), if I only had to hand over 25% of my income to support them i'd be laughing, I would actually be chuffed to fuck. These kids financially rape me each month. Dinner money alone comes out at £150. Thats not pocket money, new games, hair cuts, shoes, clothes, thats dinner money. The fact I get maintenance for the children means more money goes on the kids, it doesn't mean it is to be handed over to the kids - it is there to help maintain them. It sure as hell isn't enough to keep them.  If I go out of pocket each month, If i have to constantly do without a holiday to Greece, the US or a trip to London for a long weekend for things they want, why shouldn't their dad? And if he isn't in a position to now, but is in the future, why can't he pay me back then? 

I find this all a bit suspicious.

Apparently their son moved in with his dad as soon as he hit 18

without knowing all the facts it's easy to jump to conclusions either way 

My eldest moved in with her dad a few months ago, no biggy, she just thought things would be a bit better for her up there, she's moving home here in September for uni. Kids are fickle. They go where life is the easiest on the most part. by the time the kid turned 18 his dad was worth millions. I'm not surprised he went there. It doesn't mean there was any issue either way. 

It annoys the shit out of me that some fellas get away with paying anything towards their kids or when self employed blag how much they earn.

My brother in law in the army got taken to the cleaners by his ex and had to pay 20 grand cash to her last year. If I ever split up with my mrs she knows exactly how much I earn and I'd never be able to blag it.

A couple of fellas I know pay virtually nothing towards their kids but don't seem to have a problem with this because the money goes to their ex wife and then they spend it as they see fit. A guy I know has his own business and does a lot of cash in hand jobs, gets about 5 grand a month yet gives his ex wife about £200. It's all legit in the eyes of the CSA as he blags his accounts.

• Upvote 1

It annoys the shit out of me that some fellas get away with paying anything towards their kids or when self employed blag how much they earn.

My brother in law in the army got taken to the cleaners by his ex and had to pay 20 grand cash to her last year. If I ever split up with my mrs she knows exactly how much I earn and I'd never be able to blag it.

A couple of fellas I know pay virtually nothing towards their kids but don't seem to have a problem with this because the money goes to their ex wife and then they spend it as they see fit. A guy I know has his own business and does a lot of cash in hand jobs, gets about 5 grand a month yet gives his ex wife about £200. It's all legit in the eyes of the CSA as he blags his accounts.

I commend my ex on paying his dues, it still doesn't cover what it costs to raise the kids, but fair play to him, each month the money enters my account and I choose what to spend it on. It does go on the kids, I may not spend it all on new clothes, hair cuts, games ect, but it does go towards raising them, he may think that there is no way the kids cost that much, but that would simply be because he doesn't see every outgoing, is the mother not allowed to put maintenance money towards the cost of running the car that she ferry's the kids about in, heating the house, buying the shopping, paying the nursery fees, dinner money? Or is it only her wages that are allowed to pay for those things?

Its amazing how many men have this view. That the funds need to be seen to be spent on the kids - such as new clothes ect. God forbid the mother ever goes out on the piss on a night off. 

Mr melons' wage is more substantial than mine. He currently pays CSA for his kids, he pays the house bills and mortgage and supports my kids, along with my pathetic wage and maintenance that pretty much covers whats left. He's more than paying his share at raising (over half of whom aren't even his) children and has no issue with it. He chose to have his children, and to take on mine. Paying the cost of such is just part of the course. 

I've told my current girlfriend I don't want to get married. I've bought my own house and as far as I'm concerned its mine and my daughters and I'm not giving anyone the power to take that away from me. I've worked my fucking bollocks off for it and if a girl loves me then it'll not matter. Maybe i'll change my mind down the line, I hope I do. But for the moment, I even hear 'nice girls' discuss a guys job/income when talking about potential suitors so until society stops telling them our finances are essentially theirs I'll protect mine with all I can. You never hear of a woman getting stitched up in a divorce. Granted they usually get the kids which affects things, but even when this isn't the case, guys usually get shafted.

• Upvote 1

He'd probably spent years with that harpie calling him a useless fecker and dragging him down, he escapes her clutches and without her negativity goes on to earn millions. Bitch returns like some fucking Disney Villain and gets to cram her cloven hoof into the glass slipper and make off with his fortune.

Travesty.

On the couch.

Who needs skinny jeans when you can just spray paint your legs?

• Upvote 1

On the couch.

Lying cunt.

• Upvote 1

I've told my current girlfriend I don't want to get married. I've bought my own house and as far as I'm concerned its mine and my daughters and I'm not giving anyone the power to take that away from me. I've worked my fucking bollocks off for it and if a girl loves me then it'll not matter. Maybe i'll change my mind down the line, I hope I do. But for the moment, I even hear 'nice girls' discuss a guys job/income when talking about potential suitors so until society stops telling them our finances are essentially theirs I'll protect mine with all I can. You never hear of a woman getting stitched up in a divorce. Granted they usually get the kids which affects things, but even when this isn't the case, guys usually get shafted.

This is my point, for me working full time with 4 kids with no family support and no ex on hand to help with the child care near on killed me. I don't say that lightly, i was exhausted and struggled to keep my head afloat. He got to leave the home, join the navy and earn a very decent wage if my CSA payments are anything to go by. 

I had to ditch work, I couldn't survive on the low income of benefits. Went to uni and got in shit loads of debt. I gained a decent degree given i did it with 4 children, 1 having soto's and another in and out of Alder Hey (90 miles away) with recurrent optic neuritis. I did this on my own. With no help from him or any other family member. I could now go and earn a decent wage, but that'll mean extensive commuting given where I live, so I work in a local farm estate and i'm again close at hand for the kids. 

Could I have attained a decent wage had I no commitments? Too fucking right I could. Could I have had a blast knowing I had no childcare worries? Err let me think about that. 

I'm not saying that i'm going to go after smiler for all he's worth, bless him I don't think it'd get me very far. What I am saying is that the parent left holding the children is the one who has had their life chances massively limited, and should the absent parent do well after years of paying nothing, they should be forced to pay something, yes even if it is after the fact.