You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hottest Temprature you have ever experienced

Moctezuma

Summers in Dubai can reach 50+, although it's always reported as 49 because if the temperature hits 50 no one is allowed to work outside.

Took a leisurely stroll down the beach in August a couple of summers ago when it was over 50 and thought I was going to turn inside out after about 4 minutes. Couldn't handle it so took my t-shirt off and ran into the sea, it was like trying to swim in a cup of tea, absolutely terrible. I had no idea the sea could get that hot.

• Upvote 1

Bali.

It was about 32℃ in the evening. But humidity was 100%.

Sweaty, sweaty times.

The equator is a fucker if your right on it.

I just took my jacket off even thinking about it. Warm.

Love Bali weather, me.

Crete in July 3 years ago.

I don't know how hot it got in the end but it was 39 degrees in the shade at about 11.30 am.

By the time it was mid afternoon and out in the full sun it can't have been far short of 50.

And after our last drink at the pool bar of our apartments that night, just as we were leaving to go to bed at about midnight, the thermometer at the side of the bar was still showing 33.

Thankfully the air con was good.

Summers in Dubai can reach 50+, although it's always reported as 49 because if the temperature hits 50 no one is allowed to work outside.

Took a leisurely stroll down the beach in August a couple of summers ago when it was over 50 and thought I was going to turn inside out after about 4 minutes. Couldn't handle it so took my t-shirt off and ran into the sea, it was like trying to swim in a cup of tea, absolutely terrible. I had no idea the sea could get that hot.

I was there in July/August about 3 years ago, exactly the same. The heat of the sea was incredible, although I would often go just as the sun was setting and it was pretty nice. It was just impossible to walk around in, dont think it was lower in the day than 47 in the 10 days I was there and even the nights lows were in the 40's. One evening I tried to eat outside in a beach restraunt and just couldn't even sit in it.