You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hottest Temprature you have ever experienced

Moctezuma

As I was meandering through the snow the other week I thought about the various times I have been utterly roasting in an attempt to warm the cockles.

The hottest I can remember it being in the UK was either the summer of 2003 or 1990. The former was spent working in an office whilst my friends were cavorting in their Uni break getting tanned to fuck I was pale and pasty, though after work I remember sometimes going outside was akin to the classic feeling stepping off the plane in war climate (prob around mid 30's).

1990 was all summer parties and playing football for hours on end, must have been pretty hot. A barn near us caught fire due to the bales heating up.

Abroad, outwith getting my feet burnt on sand in various locations the Heat wave that hit the US in 2006 is etched onto my memory because in Vegas I actually had to sprint from shadow to shadow so as not to get totally roasted. I've never experienced heat like that it was incredibly uncomfortable to be outside I'm sure the temperature was recorded at 46OC in the shade. At night we slept with blankets covered in cold water over us as the air conditioning was pathetic. Some of the people there had weight issues that were off the charts and I did wonder how they were able to cope.

Anyone else been in conditions where the heat bothers mercury thermometers?

Same with Egypt. I stepped off the plane and it was about 8pm local time.I genuinely thought the engines must be on fire when the heat first hit me. Some of the days you couldn't be in the sun for more than 20 minutes without cooking. 

Egypt for me too. Dendera to be precise. Well, a day cruise along the Nile to Dendera. I literally curled up into a ball to hide in the bits of shade I could find on deck.

Not sure what the temperature was, but I've never experienced anything like it.

Also went to Barcelona about 4 years ago and there was an unexpected heatwave. Even the locals were complaining.

No idea of the degrees like but Florida years back, fuck me it felt like I was on fire the whole holiday. Was constantly looking for shade.

Dubai was also pretty interesting.

For humidity it has to be Thailand though on both visits.

Just sweating from day to night, even the next morning my t shirts would still be wet from the previous days sweat.

No idea how some bag packers can stay places without air con over there. That's some dedication to the cause.

Day trip to Bodrum from Kos. Somewhere around 42. The only time I've ever come close to fainting. It might be the site of one of the ancient wonders of the world, but for me the only wonder is how anyone puts up with that shit on a daily basis.

Smartarse answer- about 80c in a Sauna.

Otherwise something like 48/49c in Australia when I was about 12. Challenged myself to see how long I could hack it outside. 2 minutes was the answer.

Coldest is -17c in Lithuania which was actually really nice as it was a dry cold and I had loads of layers. I've felt much worse when it's been -5c with biting wind.