You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup 4th Round Replay v Bolton match thread

Paco

We're not really. To equal last season's points tally, we'd have to win every remaining match. A better assessment of where we're at is to look at like-for-like performances and, by my reckoning, the difference between last season and this is currently sixteen points. There's a good bit of slack away from home - bring on Hull - but overall it's grim.

The difference between this season and last season is that we have a chance of winning two trophies still whereas last season we won nothing.

Last night had all the hallmarks of one of those games where you hit the post, keeper makes important blocks or the ball bounces of a massed defence rather than ending in the net.

When they got that pen I was really thinking its not going to be our night. We'll need to be a lot better than that against palace.

Thought Henderson coming on shifted the game in our favour and we were always going to get at least a draw from then on. Also,its easy to see why Lucas is an automatic first choice as Allen is rank average. Can is Lucas only rival for the DM position,but Can is pretty damn good anywhere. Cracking player.

Also,it was great to see Coutinho's attitude to shooting improve after being tentative earlier on.

Poor old Joe

I always expect more from him but he rarely delivers apart from the first 5 or so games he played for us.

Injuries haven't helped...being a midget isn't great, either

Needs to step up urgently or his days will be numbered

Poor old Joe

I always expect more from him but he rarely delivers apart from the first 5 or so games he played for us.

Injuries haven't helped...being a midget isn't great, either

Needs to step up urgently or his days will be numbered

This miss at Goodison last season.

Sliding doors etc.

Allen is another one of those players who'd look quite good in a mid table side but just doesn't have enough for any team aspiring for top four.

Yeah, needs to play in the middle of a three man midfield for a mid table club. Somewhere that his role in the side is simply being neat and tidy, and keeping the ball ticking over. Because he isn't very good defensively, isn't especially creative, and doesn't score any goals.

Thanks for the explanation mate but it honestly isn't required. I know you're a sound lad and not a dick but despite any context I still think it's a relatively poor comment. I've been guilty of it myself though in the past (and been negged accordingly!)

Fair comment mate.  I just lost my shit.

• Upvote 1

We'd all be pretty happy with 4th this season from where we are.

I agree, it would be excellent and I don't think we should be too hard on ourselves about that.

That said, I think with a fair wind and a bit of luck in terms of injuries, we could challenge for the Europa League and take home the FA Cup at the same time.

In the league we've got home games against City and United, and I don't fear either, I think the bigger games suit our counter-attacking style.

Same goes for our away games against Southampton, Swansea, Arsenal, Hull, West Brom, Chelsea and Stoke, we're set-up to counter.

It's the home games against Spurs, Burnley, Newcastle, QPR and Palace where we'll have to figure out a way of beating teams who sit deep. Emre Can seems to have that answer, if you sit deep and let him fire shots at you then you're asking for trouble.

• Upvote 1

Coutinho's goal seemed to take the slightest nick off a defender.  Very reminiscent of a goal scored by Xabi Alonso in 05-06.  Which was coincidentally in the FA Cup, away from home to a lower league team (Luton, who were also winning) in freezing conditions.

Now I'm normally not one for omens and predictions, but we went on to win the FA Cup that season.

Funny how shit works out !

But they'll have to sort that fucking cow field of a pitch out at Wembley if messrs Coutinho, Can, Sterling etc are to strut their stuff in a showcase final.

That's what this team need to do now to establish themselves, to drag themselves up to that level - win some silverware.  The belief from that could be a real catalyst.

Fair comment mate. I just lost my shit.

Fair play mate, I was thinking myself why wasn't sturtidge coming on at the time but thinking about it it looks like Rodgers was told he could only play 50 mins at most which is why he waited until the 70th minute to bring him on, Borini coming on was a forced substitution as markovic got injured.

I read some shitty comments during the game but yours were not the worst I remember.

Grinch, Brigant, Hades, zonkoville and Mr T who I have doubts about being a Liverpool fan where having a field day when we were losing and were sticking the boot in about Rodgers at every opportunity.

Those guys are just interested in seeing Rodgers get sacked and seem more happy when things are going badly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not his fault Henderson can't hit a barn door.

Get in !!

JP and that other cunt who said I was abusing BR, I vaguely remember saying he'd have a lot to answer for if we went out (which he would have) but I haven't gone over the top as is being said.

I even backed him above saying it wasn't BR's fault the players, hendo in this instance, couldn't hit a barn door. Get your facts straight knob licker.

• Downvote 1

Great match, really enjoyed it and being normally a pretty negative match watching fan, I had belief the whole way through tat we'd at least take to extra time. Then when we scored i just knew we'd win and probably before the end of 90. It's been a while since i've felt this confident watching them and it's growing and I love it.

It's wonderful watching players like Can, £, Henderson, Little Phil, Sakho even Mignolet develop in confidence game by game, you can feel the spirit lifting throughout the side.

Gerrard did look well past it though sadly, in 2 minds about whether he should start in the derby now.

JP and that other cunt who said I was abusing BR, I vaguely remember saying he'd have a lot to answer for if we went out (which he would have) but I haven't gone over the top as is being said.

I even backed him above saying it wasn't BR's fault the players, hendo in this instance, couldn't hit a barn door. Get your facts straight knob licker.

Fair enough mate I may have been harsh mentioning you and Brigant as I may be remembering past instances and I remember some negative stuff but it may have been mixed up with what the other 3 were saying, they were certainly loving it especially that Mr T guy.

• Upvote 1

Great match, really enjoyed it and being normally a pretty negative match watching fan, I had belief the whole way through tat we'd at least take to extra time. Then when we scored i just knew we'd win and probably before the end of 90. It's been a while since i've felt this confident watching them and it's growing and I love it.

It's wonderful watching players like Can, £, Henderson, Little Phil, Sakho even Mignolet develop in confidence game by game, you can feel the spirit lifting throughout the side.

Gerrard did look well past it though sadly, in 2 minds about whether he should start in the derby now.

I agree with the Gerrard part. If Sturridge starts then the only way Stevie is in the XI is if Henderson or Sterling play wing back. I wouldn't mind Sterling there but Henderson at wb would mean a midfield 2 of Gerrard/Lucas. Yuck!

Fair enough mate I may have been harsh mentioning you and Brigant as I may be remembering past instances and I remember some negative stuff but it may have been mixed up with what the other 3 were saying, they were certainly loving it especially that Mr T guy.

Nope, Brigant was being a proper twat.  You got that one spot on.

Fair enough. I take it like a dude.

• Upvote 1