You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO stevebaby

Champ

Another who wishes I'd contributed more to this thread and who followed with tears and laughs also. A tremendous show from all involved, you have my unqualified admiration, every single one of you.

I've sent you a PayPal Cath and support anything that the good people agree on.

Steve, a true Red who will never be forgotten. Rest easy mate.

• Upvote 2

I too missed the original collection, so would like to throw a few quid in the pot.

I think the banner/flag should be kept simple, though it should be a fair size funds permitting. "STEVE GANDY" at the top (I know he was proud to be part of the GF, but a message board username on a flag at the match would look a bit naff, in my opinion) - a massive picture of the actual green Jesus - "YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE" underneath.

Or He Never Walked Alone?

• Upvote 1

I'll throw in on Monday when my expenses pay in. If I haven't by Tuesday hunt me down and kick me in the nuts.

My thoughts on the banner...

Personally I like it cryptic. Those that know, know. Those that don't will likely ask. Many of those that know will want to tell others what/why etc. I think that's a fitting legacy.

I think FAO stevebaby (with lower case s) is the right wording. If it looks like a memorial it will just be seen as another poor guy that's passed whose friends/family want to pay respects. I think Steve's attitude is so inspirational that it deserves more.

I agree - and loved it from the first mention - that a picture of THE green Jesus is a must. Whether it's the pic with Steve, the one I used holding the scarf, or a subsequent pic of him on his own, in not sure I care which, but it should be the real one.

These are just my own thoughts, and I don't at all pretend my opinion should have weight here. I never met or directly conversed with the bloke, but that's my thoughts on it all.

• Upvote 4

I'll throw in on Monday when my expenses pay in. If I haven't by Tuesday hunt me down and kick me in the nuts.

My thoughts on the banner...

Personally I like it cryptic. Those that know, know. Those that don't will likely ask. Many of those that know will want to tell others what/why etc. I think that's a fitting legacy.

I think FAO stevebaby (with lower case s) is the right wording. If it looks like a memorial it will just be seen as another poor guy that's passed whose friends/family want to pay respects. I think Steve's attitude is so inspirational that it deserves more.

I agree - and loved it from the first mention - that a picture of THE green Jesus is a must. Whether it's the pic with Steve, the one I used holding the scarf, or a subsequent pic of him on his own, in not sure I care which, but it should be the real one.

These are just my own thoughts, and I don't at all pretend my opinion should have weight here. I never met or directly conversed with the bloke, but that's my thoughts on it all.

And don't forget the bag.

And don't forget the bag.

With or without bag is fine by me, that's the sort of details I'm happy for others to argue for/against.

Possibly a bit of "what would Steve find funnier"? And I'm not qualified to answer that, although of guess he'd be wanting Chris Packet (was that the agreed name? It was the funniest suggestion) to be in there.